I was just washing the dishes downstairs (I've come to realize that one of the few moments when I feel most helpful is when I'm washing someone else's dishes :/) when my mom starts to complaint that I'm being too loud.
Mannnnn....
Just when I'm trying to be helpful, they go psycho on me.
I realize I haven't posted about my parents in a while. It's not because they stopped being annoying, it's just that, well, posting about psycho parents is so high school, something I'm suppose to grow out of by now. Plus I feel very guilty afterwards, because although they do drive me up the wall most of the time, they're beneficial to me.
Just like how, as I'm typing this, my mom is making adobo downstairs for me to devour tomorrow.
Anyway, here's an example of their craziness: Usually my mom delivers 'chicharon' (fried pork grind, another reason to have a heart attack) to Filipino stores, along with baked Filipino goods like Bibingka, Casava Cake and Puto. So after Church yesterday, we were suppose to go to a store in Midland and Eglington to deliver her stuff, but my dad forgot the address and receipt book at home. No surprise, they had a big yelling match in the car. Oiiiii ... it was not pretty.
But I'm still lucky to have my parents around, especially since I have a lot of friends whose parents are out of the province/country and they have to fend for themselves.
Ok, so moving on.
Here are some of the highlights from yesterday's very successful Halloween party:
(There were only about 7 of us there, as I had predicted. I didn't expect a lot of people to show up)
-Toilet paper fight. (I opened my bag today to take out my books and there was a lot of toilet paper dust. Grr Matt Gip. There was also a lot of dust in Amy Tang's hair.)
-Mummy making session
-Things in a box (I like how Matt and Manley kept saying the same things/guessing each others correctly. Water, Water?)
-Candy overload
And as predicted, Mona didn't show up. She told - wait let me check my phone, checking checking - Ok, I was right. She didn't even say SORRY for not attending. Psh, whatever. She's a debby downer, she was the one who told me to cancel the party because it was a lot of hassle. If I had cancelled the party, Leo might be suffering from mold infection at this very moment. I SAVED A LIFE BY HAVING THIS PARTY.
She told me 'not to be mad' and that she was stressed out from a test she had. Wellll this is a first, since when did Mona start caring about school? Jks.
Truth be told, I'm not the least bit mad at her. I'm just ignoring her texts because:
1) I'm too busy keeping up friendships with other people who DO NOT constantly bail on me
2) I'm not in the mood to entertain her at the moment. Being friends with Mona requires a surprisingly large amount of "LOL I can't believe she did that! Like OMG! Sluttttt" (Simple language for simple minds)
Yeah, just like how complaining about my parents is so high school, so is talking like an idiot. Time to grow up and move on!
Halloween and Debby Downers
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)
Followers
Archive
-
▼
2010
(153)
-
▼
November
(20)
- Darren Criss
- Saturday, Critics and Theorists
- My Favourite List
- Abandoned and on being Too-Asian
- Library Etiquette
- Stop Motion Picture Video
- Life List:
- Elephant Conundrum
- Female Body
- Plagiarized
- Small Things
- Slow and Steady Will Drive Me to My Grave
- Divine Providence
- The time I failed using the Oxford English Dictionary
- Loneliness Phobia
- I miss my water bottle :'(
- Suffering in Love
- Broken Dreams
- Novel Progress
- Halloween and Debby Downers
-
▼
November
(20)
How many people do you know have parents out of the country =p?
I know a lot of exchange students/ people who've moved here from some another province.