Hello fellow readers, this blog post will be a response to Manley's post on the female body.
Here's a link: http://ramblebamble.posterous.com/
It reminded me of a coworker I use to have after I read it. I once had a coworker who was very curvacious. I suppose some people could say that she was fat, but it didn't look like fat to me, it just looked like curves. She was also gorgeous, one of those Italian women with fine chiseled face, big lips and long, black straight hair that grew as fast as weeds.
But she wasn't happy with her body. She kept on emphasizing how she was 'working out' and kept on telling everyone that she did x amount of sit ups the night before. I never once thought that she had low self esteem, because in my head I always thought, "How can someone so gorgeous have low self esteem?!"
However, I should have clued in that she had low self esteem because of the way she talked. She kept on complaining about everyone and everything, and at times I couldn't quite tell whether she was serious with the snide remarks she was making to me.
Anyway, she was eventually fired. It wasn't until afterwards when someone else pointed out to me that she had a huge problem with her body image and had low self esteem. I was in shock. I would have never guessed, in a million years, that she would have had an issue with her body, since like I said, she was GORGEOUS.
So apparently, even gorgeous women have issues with their body. Personally, I've always been fine with my body. I use to be extremely shy, so the skinnier and more invisible I was, the better.
Also, a lot of women have issues with their chest size. My ex-coworker was very curvy, which also means that she also didn't have anything to complain about her chest size. But now that I think back, I think she may have a problem with that too, from the comments she would make.
(She often spoke in Italian to my other coworkers, which was very rude, I suppose it was to keep me out of the conversation. I could tell what she was always talking about though because she talked a lot with her hands.)
I guess it doesn't matter what size your chest is, you'll always have problems. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm flat chested: 1) I'll never have to worry about sagging, 2) I can see my feet when I look down and 3) I can fit into anything type of clothing I want.
To each their own. When it comes down to it, it's all about having the right amount of self esteem.
Aww, thanks for replying Ann =). And yes, your ex-co-worker wanted what she didn't have. I find girls always want the opposite of who they are. We should just all except it because we're all beautiful in our own way =p.
I wish my chest was smaller.