Speaking of that glorious month long break that I am extremely looking forward to, I was watching MysteryGuitarman's youtube video's and was inspired to actually get started on this stop motion picture film that I've been meaning to do. (May have posted about this before.)
I was thinking of doing a reenactment of the first Harry Potter book, but I realized that I might be setting the bar a little high. I should start off with something smaller.
Idea #1
Here's Annabelle's idea:
A boy and a girl, evidently in a relationship, walking hand in hand toward a bank of snow. The boy hands the girl a snowball, and slowly, they begin to make a snowman. As they are building the snowman, there are flashback scenes to happy days of their relationship. Once the snowman is completed, it will become apparent that they are about to make major decisions in their relationship. Then someone either kicks the snowman and destroys it or the snowman just slowly melts, thus foreshadowing the young couple's future.
Idea #2
Annabelle's idea is good and all, but it seems a little boring. Here's my idea:
A group of college age kids sitting around, broke, with no money. They then suddenly find a magical pot that makes instant food, which answers all of their problems since they will never go hungry again. They then dance around the pot praising it until someone breaks it.
Ok, so my idea sounds stupid, now that I think about it. (Shows you what kind of stupid stuff goes on in my head.)
Idea #3
We could have our own mini cardboard concert. I'll cut out cardboard guitar, bass, drums, key board etc. and pretend that we're jamming out on these cardboard instruments. The actual sound can be added on later when we edit the video. Then at the end there will be a shot of the fake audience, which happens to be a group of teddy bears/stuffed animals. (This seems dorky, but I'll make it cool. I should totally have this ready for the waffle party.)
Idea #4
A girl and a guy sitting on a sofa. The guy wants to tell the girl that he likes her but doesn't know how to do it. We dwell into what the guy is thinking via post it notes on the wall. There will be a thought bubble coming out of his head on how to impress the girl, like flowers. Then all the sudden he'll pull the flowers out of the thought bubble and give it to the girl. But the girl rejects the flowers. He'll keep doing this several more times for chocolate, jewelry and tickets to an expensive show, and each time the girl rejects him. Eventually he's disheartened and turns to video games for comfort. The girl sees him playing the video game and asks if she can play with him and that's when they end up clicking.
p.s.
I am now enlisting actors. Tell me if you are interested in acting. Haha.