So I believe things happen for a reason because everything has been predestinated by God. I understand that this is hard for some people to accept and understand, since this means that God has control of your life and makes it seem like you have no say. Also, if God has predestinated everything, why didn't he just plan for everything to be glorious, why didn't he get rid of suffering and everything unjust?
I don't know the answers to these questions, but all I can share to you guys is a point that has been mulling around in my head these past few weeks. This is good so listen up. (I got this from the book I'm reading, A Reason For God, I've quoted this book in previous posts)
So let's say you can plan your life and everything that will happen. You'd be a fool to plan for bad things to happen to you. If I could plan my life out, I'd definitely plan it so it'd be super simple: Love at First sight, Fantastic Friends, Awesome Parents, Siblings that I like all the time and not just sometimes & etc.
Then think about it if you were God. Obviously, if you're God you wouldn't plan a hard life for yourself. You'd let those puny little humans suffer, but you're God, why should you suffer? You're on top of things. You're the creator, you have every right for every good thing to happen to you. And if it wasn't for you, these puny humans and their problems wouldn't even exist.
But that's not the way God has done things. Believe it or not, he planned a hard life for himself, and, to take it even further, he sacrificed himself for the puny humans he's created. He cares for us.
So God became human. Jesus did not have an easy life. He had imperfections.
1) He was Ugly.
2) He had to suffer through puberty, like you and I.
3) His parents didn't understand him.
4) People made fun of him for his teachings.
5) He suffered through temptations like you and I have.
6) He was poor.
7) He sacrificed himself and died on the cross. Not only did he suffer a painful death, but he also suffered from rejection from God.
"In his death, God suffers in LOVE, identifying with the abandoned and godforsaken. Why did he do it? The Bible says Jesus came on a rescue mission for creation. He had to pay for our sins so that someday he can end evil and suffering WITHOUT ending us. He has taken misery and suffering so seriously that he was willing to take it on himself. "
How many of us can say we're will to sacrifice ourselves for our friends? Families? Neighbours? Not many. But Jesus has paid the ultimate sacrifice for us all, even those who nailed him on the cross.
Suffering in Love
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)
Followers
Archive
-
▼
2010
(153)
-
▼
November
(20)
- Darren Criss
- Saturday, Critics and Theorists
- My Favourite List
- Abandoned and on being Too-Asian
- Library Etiquette
- Stop Motion Picture Video
- Life List:
- Elephant Conundrum
- Female Body
- Plagiarized
- Small Things
- Slow and Steady Will Drive Me to My Grave
- Divine Providence
- The time I failed using the Oxford English Dictionary
- Loneliness Phobia
- I miss my water bottle :'(
- Suffering in Love
- Broken Dreams
- Novel Progress
- Halloween and Debby Downers
-
▼
November
(20)