I've decided to record how my novel is progressing here, just so I'll remember what happened when and feel guilty when I haven't been working on it in a while.
I was diligently reading A Midsummers Night's Dream by my good friend, William Shakespeare (henceforth to be referred to as Shakky.) when a thought occurred to me: Why not just make my novel a comedy?
Writing a comedy sounds a lot more interesting than writing something serious and might come off as boring. (I do want people to read it)
Also, I'm currently reading Silas Marner by George Eliot for my other class, and was inspired by this novel as well. Silas Marner actually reminds me a lot of this short story I wrote in Gr.12 about an old man who was found dead by a mail man, but in the case of Silas Marner, he finds a little girl beside a dead woman's body. Anyway, Silas Marner has a fairy tale like quality to it that I also kind of had in my short story. If George Eliot had been alive today, we'd be best friends. Just like how Shakky and I would have tea every day, and how if Harry was real, I would have advised him not to marry Ginny.
Novel Progress
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)
Followers
Archive
-
▼
2010
(153)
-
▼
November
(20)
- Darren Criss
- Saturday, Critics and Theorists
- My Favourite List
- Abandoned and on being Too-Asian
- Library Etiquette
- Stop Motion Picture Video
- Life List:
- Elephant Conundrum
- Female Body
- Plagiarized
- Small Things
- Slow and Steady Will Drive Me to My Grave
- Divine Providence
- The time I failed using the Oxford English Dictionary
- Loneliness Phobia
- I miss my water bottle :'(
- Suffering in Love
- Broken Dreams
- Novel Progress
- Halloween and Debby Downers
-
▼
November
(20)