Manslave

I visit my grandparents at least once a week at their place for dinner because it makes them happy. I suppose it's also because I miss them, growing up they kidnapped me and kept me hostage in at their house, spoiling me with too many toys and a big screen T.V. But yeah, it's important for me to visit them at least once a week since one of my biggest fears is that something terrible will happen one day and then I'd regret never seeing them.


I slept over at their place with AB last night, back in the summer when they had just recently moved into their new place in Richmondhill I would sleep over for weeks at a time, I would always end up going fatter because my grandma is a fantastic cook and makes the best filipino dishes.

Anyway, I don't know what the point to writing this is. I saw the skating gala for the Olympics tonight and holy crap, these skaters are like, pure talent. It's hard to explain how inspiring it is to watch someone who has worked so hard to get to the point where they are just pure awesomeness. 

Yeah, so I was talking to Nat the other day at work, again, and she told me how her friends one time made a stop motion vid with timbits acting out Othello. Gah. How brilliant. I spent the rest of my shift thinking about my own timbit story line. Nat also wants to create her own webcomic. 

Today at work was insane, it was just one problem after the other and I didn't think I'd get out in time. The one thing I've noticed is that the longer I've worked there the more people assume I know what I'm doing, which is only partly true, but then they start asking me all sorts of questions that are unrelated to my department. Oh well, what can you do when you live in a zoo.

At the moment I'm also in the midst of writing my essay for Robinson Crusoe and his questionable relationship with his manslave: Friday. I was eating with my mom today and realized that Robinson Crusoe and my mom are very similar, in that they both narrate their life with very many contradictions, they love their slaves and give little regard to those that they're not suppose too. It's all very confusing. 

Leave a Reply

Followers