I haven't posted much lately, to which I have no excuse for other than the fact that I got distracted. In any case, nothing interesting has happened except that I spent a long time painfully trying to finish Robinson Crusoe.
Before I ended work today I called home and AB picked up and I told her that I would need a ride home from work in about half an hour. She said that mom would be able to pick me up. So then after work I'm waiting patiently by the door, talking on the phone to Amy Luo who called me, when I get a phone call from AB who apologizes ten thousand times because she didn't tell my mom I was at work and my mom thought I was at Downsview station instead.
My sister: a genius with school but a bit dull with everything else. This is why I never trust her with rides on a daily basis. Before I left the house today to go to work I even said "See you in four hours AB, I'M OFF TO WORK." Good gracious. Is that what happens to people when they do nothing all day but study?
Anyway, my mom was extremely pissed off, which is no surprise, but what was surprising was that while she was ranting to me about AB in the car she said "I hate all my kids except Matthew, he's the only one that cares about me."
MATTHEW? Since when did Matt become mom's favourite? You have to understand, in every family there's a black sheep and in my family that black sheep is Matt. 1) He looks nothing like anyone else in the family, hence the reason why we highly suspected that the nurse might have mixed him up for my real brother at birth in the hospital 2) Growing up my mom hated Matt the most. Or so I thought.
Apparently Matt texts my mom everyday and on Valentines day even texted: "Happy Valentine's Day Mom!" Yeah, she likes him for that. What pisses me off is that on Valentines day I gave her chocolates, which she forgets as soon as she gets pissed at me. Psh.
The thing with my mom is that it's not a harsh thing for anyone to say that she hates her kids. Because she says it all the time. She had me when she was 23 turning 24, and at that time she wasn't prepared to have kids just yet, she was just too young. It's only been recently that she's started to act like she actually wants kids, until we piss her off that is.