You know I'd never never never ask you to changeee...

Today, for the first time in weeks, I was able to have a lot of 'me' time. Originally, I had reserved today to hang out with my grandparents, but I got ditched by them so I ended up with alone time.


I spent the day in bed. The truth is that I'm super lazy, I like to stay in bed as long as possible, just thinking and day dreaming until I get bed sores. (Not literally) In a lot of ways this is one of reasons why I always end up with crazy dreams. When I just lay in bed I drift from being fast asleep to awake.

Like today, I had this dream:
I dreamt that it was New Years Eve all over again, and we were at Clement's place for the countdown. This time, everyone was there, I remember vividly seeing Rebecca, Johnny and Hannah. (So random.) One thing led to another, and all the sudden I had this feeling that I had to get out of there. But before I could escape, Clement announces that we have to take down the recycling for him.

So in army like style, everyone is marching down endless corridors and stairs with piles of boxes in our hands to go to the basement where this giant recycling machine is. Clement is in the front with a whistle telling everyone where to go. Along the way, people stumble and fall and disappear.

When we finally get to the giant basement, it looks like a locker room. Everyone dumps their cardboard boxes in the giant recycling machine and someone announces it's lunch time. I still had that feeling of needing to get away from there, especially when I notice everyone flirting with each other. We all sit down around picnic type tables in the locker rooms and start eating. Then Jennifer comes out of nowhere and scolds us all for eating, since locker rooms are not places to have lunch in.

That's when I make my escape. I run out the back door and find myself in the dark, walking around. I walk around a park and suddenly realize that I'm headed towards Parliament. (Not the street, the building.) When I get there, it's already past midnight and the countdown has ended. I remember thinking how the party was and who was flirting with who, I also had this strange overwhelming feeling of being alone.

When I reach the Parliament, I find a giant pond shape pool and to my surprise, everyone is there in their bathing suits swimming in the pool with a bunch of ducks. No one realized that I was even gone, I just sat around watching everyone swim with a bunch of ducks refusing to join them.

Weird dream huh?
I can probably dissect this dream and come up with a weird psychological analysis of my state of mind. Like the fact that I dreamt of a giant recycling machine means I try to recycle every thing because I am worried about the environment, and the fact that I was left out of everyone flirting means I am afraid of not being able to respond wittily to people who flirt with me.

Anyway, so today, besides having this weird, disturbing dream, Vinay came over. Vinay is pretty much like family, he's the only one that's allowed to see me in my baggy over sized shirts, wet un-straightened hair, glasses and sweat pants. Even Amy Tang has never seen me in my true form. (This is what I look like when I am at home, I am usually pretty scary. I tie my hair in a giant bun on top of my head and prance around with baggy shirts that are ten times too big for me. I don't even know where I got these shirts, I have at least ten of them. In the winter, this fashionable outfit is topped off with baggy mens sweaters that I bought for myself.)

So today I was telling Vinay what I have been up to, after he laughed at me for falling while skating again, (refer to older posts, Vinay brutally pushed me while we were skating as a means of 'teaching' me to skate.) and I mentioned that we recently had a Lord of the Rings extended edition marathon.

Vinay: WHAT! And you didn't invite me?!?

Annabelle: Yeah, how could you not invite Vinay?! (Then as an after thought) And me too?!

Me: I didn't know you were fans of LOTR.

Vinay: Who's not a fan?!

Me: Uh, I'm not a fan.

Annabelle: Yeah, it's kind of boring.

Vinay was just upset he wasn't invited, but not so upset that he's going to cry over it. I told him he's invited to watch the last movie though, whenever that's going to be.

I really am not a fan of LOTR, after having been a dedicated Harry Potter fan for so many years. I'm not saying that HP is better than LOTR, it's just that there are a lot of overlapping themes and ideas that I'd rather not be a fan of both less I realize HP is lacking in some things. (This would be a very tragic day for me.)

What was the point of me mentioning Vinay again?!? I feel like I just missed a point . . .

Today I also practiced the guitar. Ever since Hannah's last guitar lesson on Dec. 29, I've surprisingly been practicing everyday. I don't mean to, the guitars just conveniently there, and I just pick it up thinking "I wonder if I can get my fingers to feel more numb than it already is?!" (My fingers on my left hand is numb. It's a really interesting feeling, it's like the time I the time when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and my face was numb for a day.)

I think my obsession with the guitar will die soon because I have issues with strumming properly. One of the reasons I was so keen on learning the guitar in the first place was to show myself that I can do it, I don't really care for being a great talented musician. It's one of those things where I'm like "Well so and so can do it, even my little cousin can do it, I'm sure I can do it if I wanted to."

Ok, enough babbling from me. I feel like this post reveals too much of myself, I feel like you guys are all going to think I'm super w e i r d now.

Friend: You know, I have this friend named Ann and she's really weird because she's really lazy and she spends too much time in bed. And she like, gets these dreams about random people all the time, like she always dreams about guys and having crushes on them, but one time she dreamt about a giant recycling machine. And one time I was walking past her house and through the window I saw her prancing around in this baggy shirt and then she put this really ugly sweater on. Oh and her hair was a mess! It was in this huge, ugly bun! Then she took out this guitar and started singing and playing it really badly ... I feel really sorry for the guitar. What a weirdo. She also can't skate. Vinay didn't even push her that hard and she fell!! Man, I hope she never blogs about me ....

5 responses to “You know I'd never never never ask you to changeee...

  1. Another one?! YES!

    HAHAHA! The first part of your dream was pretty funny! I also had a creepy dream today! Basically, I was back in my grade 10 english class, except, all of my classmates from my music education class this year are there. All of a sudden, Ms. Choma (a teacher who everyone feared by the way) came in the classroom and asked us to take out our assigned homework. I didn't have it done, but then I knew that my music education prof, who I thought was teaching that class, was pretty lenient. Then I realized that I had all of Christmas break to work on it, ergo, I had no excuse of leaving it unfinished. I remember screaming "get me out of here!", then I woke up.... Nightmares about school signals that another semester is beginning... lol

    Can you take pictures of your baggy shirts? I also have them, but they're not 10 sizes too big for me lol

  2. Also, keep learning. I expect much from you in the summer..... yes... the summer. lol

    Also, you can blog about me. I like weird stuffs.

  3. Also, we are on gchat so come on. lol

  4. Also, I'm happy that you've been practicing. I will stop spamming you now.

  5. What!??! The summer?!? What does this mean.... i pretty much suck btw lol.

Leave a Reply

Followers

Archive