Yesterday, while I was cleaning the floors, I heard Aaron break dancing. His room is the family room (he shares half of it with the rabbit) so he has a lot of space up there to do his thing. I spied on him from the top of the stairs for a bit before ridiculing him.
I only ridiculed him because I felt like it was my duty to do so as his older sister, just like he ridicules me for some of the things I do. I never actually realized until yesterday that he was doing something other than playing video games all day and idolizing Matt's ... huge muscles (not sure what else to call this insanity). I've always known that he was interested in break dancing, because he use to bring home wooden boards to practice on (this was when we had carpet), I just thought this phase died out. And Aaron's actually not that bad, he just needs to practice a lot more.
This just got me thinking of how insanely, and weirdly, passionate my family is. Ok maybe not passionate. It's just that, everyone here has their own thing that they are obsessed over.
Annabelle is obsessed with her studies. She literally locks herself up in her room all weekend long STUDYING. You know how sometimes people 'study,' but actually, they're watching video's on the internet? This girl does not get distracted. Her idea of a distraction is napping for half an hour.
Then Matt is obsessed and passionate about body building. I refuse to look at the pictures he takes of himself on fb, because he flaunts it around the house already, but I've heard quite a bit of people talking about it (mostly guys). I'm actually surprised that he's into body building, because he use to be so scrawny and obsessed with World of Warcraft. He drinks protein shakes twice a day and hits the gym every midnight, usually after he comes home from work.
And my mom is obsessed with baking. Our house is filled of baked goods all the time, we have a shelf filled with cook books. She use to take baking classes in the Philippines and here at George Brown. The kind of things she bakes are fancy, decorative cakes and cupcakes and cookies, and she use to play around with marzipan and fondant all the time. Today, she made this New Year's JEWISH Honey Cake. I don't even know why we have a Jewish cook book. (We have several actually, one is all kosher.)
I'm not sure what I'm obsessed about, I think I just go through phases of obsession, which are all pretty much related to each other, like blogging/reading/Harry Potter/writing/tea drinking/part time doodling. (I'm nearing the end of my sketchbook.) Oh, and mopping the floors, one thing you guys probably don't know is that I'm obsessed with clean floors. THE FLOOR MUST BE CLEAN AT ALL TIMES. It drives me nuts then people walk around the house with their shoes on.
And that is all. My dad's the only one who's not obsessed with anything.
----
Here are some failed pictures:
Snowman hug fail.
Peeled orange. This was too boring. Will redo one day with a more interesting background.
Banana muffin, this picture was too boring.
This picture looks awkward.
This is the Jewish Honey Cake:
And for those interested, this is the recipe:
And this is a picture of a broccoli. This was too weird so I didn't put it up on fb.