Tonight, we had a dinner event called the Snowflake Soiree, which I would say was successful. I would have to admit that planning it was a bit stressful, but it all worked out in the end! Yesterday night, I was in an extremely bad mood so I wrote this extremely depressing blog post (thankfully I never posted it) because I felt like there were too many things that needed to get done that wasn't getting done.
But I really didn't have anything to worry about (I shouldn't have been worried in the first place) since everything worked out for the best in the end.
I'm really pleased since I got a Bible. Basically, during dinner we had raffle prizes for random people, and Eddie won a Bible and Tim Hortons gift card from the raffle draw. At the end of the night, he said he didn't want the Tim Hortons gift card so I grabbed it from him before Hannah could (sorry Hannah, I was being selfish) and then he said he didn't need the Bible so I grabbed that one from him instead of the gift card (which went to Hannah, so I guess it all worked out for the best? Heh).
Before this, I really didn't own a Bible. I know, this sounds weird to hear. All I had was that small New Testament Bible I got on clubs day from C4C.
The reason I don't own one kind of a long story. Before the Church split, I had one but I got it wet so the pages got stuck together. Then, I kind of stopped going to Church for a while afterwards, so I never bothered to buy a new one. When I started to regularly attend the meetings again, I didn't see the need to buy one for myself because I had that free Bible from clubs day.
Also, Colin (HIHI COLIN) won a Bible as well, so now we have the same Bible. Colin, you better be reading it.
So now that the Snowflake Soiree is done, I can cross that off my list and move on to my next project on my list.
Last point: Often, when we meet someone new, the general thought is, "I wonder what I can get from this person," otherwise we wouldn't bother continuing the friendship. It may be that we can get a good time out of this person, or a favor, or just basic human companionship.
Instead, our thought should be, "I wonder how I can help and contribute to this person's life." So instead of just wanting friendship from this person, we should be a friend to this person, or if we want a favor from this person, contribute a favor to this person, and this way, you will be happy.
This is kind like that saying, "the more you give the better you'll feel," type thing. The Metro has basically been printing out articles on 'happiness' lately, which made me wonder whether people in today's society need to learn to be 'happy.'
If that's the case, I figured I should as well share my on tidbit on 'how to be happy.'
Word of caution: before contributing to someone else's life, make sure that that person will reciprocate and want your contribution in the first place, or else you'll just end up unhappy that you wasted your time and effort on this person. True story.