Freud has this theory called the Talking Cure. The very basic gist of it is that talking about your thoughts, and in a way fictionalizing it, helps atone for the things in your life.
I will put his theory into practice and blog.
I think I have the winter blues, or more specifically, I think I might just have the Monday blues. Monday's are always very long for me, and frankly, it sucks. Let's analyze:
This morning, like every single morning of this semester so far, I told myself to take up at 8. After hitting the snooze button about ten times, I finally got up at 9:30. The fact that I've already failed at something, even before getting out of bed, set the tone for the day.
Because I didn't wake up at 8, several things happened:
1) I wasn't able to take my 365 picture for today
2) I didn't eat anything, and when I don't eat before class my notes look like this:
Freud talked about the talking cure .. and something ... id, ego and ..?? Penis envy.
3) I had to rush out the door because I was late for class
After class and lunch, I had to go to the Eaton Center to exchange this hard cover laptop shell my sister got for me. All you PC lovers might not know this, or you might, but the Apple store has this thing called the "Genius Bar," which is just a fancy name for "check out counter." It's just like how Starbucks has tall, grande and venti. It drives me nuts, I refuse to conform to their lingo. Whenever I go to Starbucks I just say "Gimme a medium yo'." (This is an exaggeration, I don't always add a yo' at the end. Ok, I never add a yo', except in my head.)
So I'm waiting in line with the correct hardcover shell size for my laptop when this girl from the Genius Bar approaches me, I told her I just needed to exchange the sizes, and asked if they had one in purple instead of the red one I was holding.
She then leads me over the shelf where they had the hard cover case and picks a blue one. I asked for purple, but I guess blue is a closer shade to purple than red. I didn't say anything because I didn't see the colour purple with the brand she was holding.
There were several brands, and the one I had wanted to exchange with was a different brand than what she suggested. I didn't say anything to her because 1) I thought she knew what she was doing and 2) before checking out she went over to her manager and double checked.
Anyway, I went to class that night (after running into Hannah at Timmies, completely unplanned and completely random). I told my friend, Emily, about the hard cover case. She and I have the same laptop, so she was a bit apprehensive when I told her I got a hard cover case, since she has been looking for one as well and wasn't able to find one.
So I took the hard cover case out and tried it on for size to show her that she can still easily find one at the Apple store WHEN LO' AND BEHOLD, it's the wrong size.
Thanks, genius' at the Genius Bar.
Now I have to go back and exchange this thing again.
My night class was super boring, I dozed off a couple of times. We're covering "Our Mutual Friend" by Charles Dickens. Apparently, Dickens thought of himself a genius, which I guess he is, but 836 pages of genius is more than I can stand.
On my way home, I missed the 105 bus by one minute. By this time, I was expecting it. I was like, "Today's been pretty crappy already, this is like the perfect cherry on top."
I was in a pretty sour mood when I got home. Matt was looking for his glasses, so we got in an argument about it. (I think I just wanted to argue with someone.)
In retrospect, today wasn't really that bad. Maybe it was just the cold and slush and having to wear socks that put me in an extra crappy mood. (I hate wearing socks.)
Also, today Tabitha bought chestnuts that were roasted with shells. She was mad because no one in their right minds roasts chestnuts with shells. (I'm mentioning this because I asked Tabitha what I should blog about today and she told me the story of how she bought chestnuts that were roasted with shells.)
Hmm, maybe Freud was right about this whole talking cure thing ... I do feel infinitely better now. I think you guys will have to endure more talking cures from me until winter is over.
---Edit ---
Tabi in case I forget to tell you this: Ariel says chestnuts are roasted with shells in Taiwan and probably everywhere in Asia.
No one in their right minds roasts chestnuts WITHOUT shells.
that's how asian i am. (not really)
Lol that is what Ariel said also