Last week, I went to dinner at Pickle Barrel with Kirsten, Keisha, Ting, Annabelle, and Tabitha. I usually don't see Kirsten, Keisha and Ting very often because we don't really make time for each other except once or twice a year (often during the holiday season.) During dinner we decided to go to Sister Shirley's house next week to pay her a visit since we haven't seen her in a while and she took care of us in high school.
So today, Annabelle, Keisha, Ting and I went to visit her at her house. (Kirsten had to go to the library and study.) She made us a lot of food. We spent the afternoon sitting around the basement drinking tea and talking by the fireplace.
At one point, I was texting Tabitha a lot and they asked me who I was texting.
I said: "Tabitha"
Annabelle says "Yeah they're like best friends now."
So you guys ever have those moments where you say something that you absolutely regret and then spend the next few hours agonizing over? I had a moment like that then. I said, "Yeah Tabitha is my new Ting."
WHY DID I SAY THAT!
Ting says, "Thats nice." And then rolls her eyes. "I don't care."
Then I try and cover this up by saying, "Well it's like, you know how in high school you and I were really close ... and now I'm close with Tabitha."
I could tell that Ting really didn't care since she had her own life now, but for me to say that was pretty inconsiderate.
Truth is, it takes two to keep any relationship alive, and I feel like I just let my friendships with Kirsten, Keisha and Ting drop, and now I don't really know how to revive it again.
GAHHHH, I hope Ting doesn't think I'm some crazy friend dropper who jumps from one person to the next depending on who's handy. I mean, now that she's back in Toronto for her co-op term I've been meaning to try and talk to her some more.
I can't believe you said that... lol
That might not have been the best thing to say but I'm sure you guys will work things out. And you're right, it always takes two people to make things work.
HII MANLEY .. thanks
Yeah, I think we're just ignoring the fact that I said this now, Hannah. lol.