1 Skit, 2 Eddies, and 3 Projects in March

Back in high school, my friends and I use to have these journals that we would pass around with each other every week. So one week I would have Ting's journal, and she would have Kirsten's, and Kirsten would have mine, etc. Then we would spend the week writing notes to each other.


For example, I would write, "Dear Ting, today in history class my teacher's breath smelled bad." (This is true, my history teacher's breath would often stink and he would talk really close to you if you sat in front of the class.)

It was cute, and I still have them today. I became obsessed with them and wrote something everyday (kind of like how I blog very often ...), whereas everyone else would write something once a week. I guess it was because of this that I became known as somewhat of a writer, and everyone just assumed I was good at writing because I did it so often.

So today I went to the Church at Sheppard (my dad is gone for two weeks on some trip, more on this later) and sister Shirley approached me. She told me that they are having an event for kids in March, and as she and some other people were writing skits for the kids, my name came up.

She said, "Then your name came up and people said you were good at writing, I was wondering if you wanted to help out with writing the skit?"

I was like, "Ok! I'll also bake cookies!" (A while back in December I employed Amy Tang into helping me bake cookies for the kids for the Church and then made Hannah help me decorate them because sister Jane asked me to bake cookies. So uh, Amy Tang and Hannah you're helping me again this time, lol.)

I really don't know why people think I'm good at writing. I use to think I was good at writing, until I went to U of T and realized how much I sucked. And I don't know why I volunteered to bake cookies without her asking me to. Man ... me and my big mouth. I guess I just assumed she wanted me to bake cookies since apparently everyone thinks I bake because I took a lot of pictures of food. I suppose people assuming I can bake is like them assuming I can write well. (I really cannot bake, one time in the summer I made muffins for this bbq and forgot to add sugar, then while I was making the Domo Kun cookies I added too much salt.)

Anyway, it's nice to know that people can rely on me when they need me. It's also nice to know that people think I am talented when ... I'm just obsessive. (Like I've mentioned before, I have this obsessive need to narrate my life.)

Now that I think about it, there are a lot of things going on in March ...
1) The skit and baking
2) My mini photograph presentation with Tabitha
3) First day of spring
4) All my papers are due in March

Moving on: Matt Gip just recently mentioned this in his blog and it reminded me about something I forgot to blog about: It's really a small world.

The other night during Snowflake Soiree, I met this guy named Eddie (this is another Eddie, he's different from the Eddie who gave me the Bible.) who looked like he was still in high school but is actually in 2nd year at Ryerson for Biology. It turns out, Eddie went to Vaughan Secondary School as well AND lives within walking distance from me, AND we have some mutual friends AND works at the Swiss Chalet beside where I work.

Small world huh?

Basically, the Eddie who gave me the Bible, has a friend named Marcus, who went to Ryerson in his first year and switched out in his second year and is now in the same program as the Eddie who gave me the Bible. Marcus met Eddie who went to Vaughan S.S. at Ryerson and kept in touch. Marcus started coming to LH through the Eddie who gave me the Bible and brought Eddie who went to Vaughan S.S. to the Snowflake Soiree and that's how we met, but it's really strange how Marcus' Eddie lives right beside me and went to the same high school as me. SMALL WORLD.

So in short, Eddie has a Marcus and Marcus has an Eddie.

This is just like how Charlene, Annabelle's coworker, and Ariel have mutual high school friends from China, because you know, China is such a small place (I'm being sarcastic).

Next thing you know, I'll meet someone from my old elementary school from Philippines. That'd be pretty cool actually.

6 responses to “1 Skit, 2 Eddies, and 3 Projects in March

  1. LOL AMY!

    I'll help! Can I make weird characters?

  2. Charlene is Annabelle's coworker?! I did NOT know that...

    Cookiessss!

  3. HAHA! I'll help... EAT! =D

  4. If only I could "like" the above comment...!

  5. Wow, I didn't even realize there was a conversation going on here. Hi dudettes! Fine Amy, don't help me, hmp.

Leave a Reply

Followers

Archive