I'm suppose to be writing essays but whatever, I want to procrastinate and blog about family like John and Ariel.
I'm going to take a moment and expose Annabelle some more:
Every night before Annabelle goes to bed, I tuck her in. Don't judge! Annabelle always complains that we don't spend enough time together (because the one hour we spend commuting home every night isn't enough sister bonding time) so I've gotten into the habit of tucking her in at night. She secretly likes it, and it's things like this that makes me wonder why people often think Annabelle is older than I am since she's the bigger baby. Usually, I ask her how Vinay is doing so I actually know a lot more about Vinay than I probably should ...
Anyway, so I'm very happy to have a lot of siblings because they make my life entertaining. When I read Ariel's post about her siblings, her sisters life sounded a lot like mine.
I grew up with my grandparents in this HUGE old mansion type house that had a large gate around the property. In the front of the house there was a garden with a huge swing and parking space, and in the back they had 2 mini houses for the maids to live in. In the house lived my unmarried uncles and aunt at the time, and when they eventually got married, their spouse moved in temporarily with us.
My siblings (just Matt and Annabelle, Aaron wasn't born yet) would visit every Sunday after church and we'd have this big lunch. Matt was a cry baby; he cried, threw tantrums, and peed in his pants all the time. Annabelle was the smart one whom everyone fondled over.
This this and that happened, and I eventually moved in in my parents house shortly after Aaron was born. Aaron was a super fat baby, and we all bullied him because he always stole our toys. Our yaya's would be like "Stop bullying him, when he grows up he's going to beat you all up because he's going to be good looking!"
Because we all know that good looks beat people up.
I remember that I used to beat up Matt and Aaron a lot, since I was pretty much a bully. I also occasionally beat up Annabelle (either I was a really weird child or I had a serious case of eldest kid syndrome). Unfortunately, or I guess fortunately, I can't beat them up anymore, and when I attempt to this is what happens:
I was in my room the other day and Matt comes in and asks for something. I ignore him so he goes: "I don't know if you know this, but you're really pale. And look at your arms, they're so scrawny! I could beat you up if I wanted to."
I was all "Shut up. I'm going to get a tan in the summer!"
More mean words were exchanged, and then I attempted to push him and he pushed me back and I pushed him again and he pushed me and then Annabelle shouts: "I'm trying to study! Rawr!" Matt and I just evily glared at each other until he left.
Currently, Aaron is going through his hideous, rebellious teenage phase. The other day I caught him trying to be 'enlightened.' Um, what? He doesn't even know what this means. He usually stays in his room with the rabbit and only comes down when he needs to use the washroom or feed himself. I don't usually talk about Aaron in this blog because he's not as amusing as Matt or Annabelle. I have to say that he's very narcissistic though, since the yaya's were right: Aaron is good looking and he knows it. There's always some girl out there with a crush on him.
But Aaron is a lot like me, in a sense that he doesn't ask for help and tries to learn things for himself. Annabelle and Matt are more dependent on others.
And at home, we don't call each other by our first names unless you're the oldest or you want to get beaten up. So since I'm the oldest, I'm allowed to call everyone by their first names although when I was younger I called Annabelle 'Shobe' (I sometimes still do this) which means younger sister, I called Matt 'Shoti' which is younger brother and I just called Aaron 'Moses'. By the way, I'm butchering the spellings, I don't know how to spell it.
Matt and Aaron has to call Annabelle 'Ditchi' which is second oldest sister, and they all call me 'Atchi' which is oldest sister. Aaron has to call Matt 'Ahia' (spelling seriously butchered) which means older brother.
If they ever call me by my first name, I get creeped out. It sounds very weird. I was very surprised when I learned that my friends don't do this at home, I was like "What? They call you by your first names? Blasphemy! You should beat them up!"
So that's a tidbit of my siblings. I'm very lucky to have a lot of siblings since it makes life entertaining. I'm also lucky we've never gotten into any major fights, secretly I think we're all very fond of each other.
12/31/08
Your early childhood does sound a lot like my sister's...!
Next post..."On Parents." :D
OMG you lived in a Mansion and had maids?
that is so Jane Austen lool I'm seeing flashes of Regency images in my head right now lol
Uh yeah ... except the mansion was in Philippines where it was hot and sweaty. I forgot that we had a built in pool in the front yard, every time it rained it got flooded.