Like Big Rolling Kegs

I just had a very failed moment.


I was tip tapping along on my laptop, writing my essay, furiously trying to come up with words to string together that would sound remotely understandable, when, for some reason, I decided to consult my essay topic to make sure I was on the right track AND LO' AND BEHOLD -

I was writing the wrong essay!!!!!!

!!!!!!RAWR!!!!!!

I blame Glee. I was watching this weeks episode, and because Kurt and Blaine finally decided to make out, my brain exploded with all these weird homoerotic theories all the sudden, since that's what my essay is about. I got all pumped up after the episode and started writing the essay since I thought I was writing about Judith Butler when I was actually suppose to be writing about Eve Sedgwick.

Argh!!!

I'm actually really terrible though. Last year I took this queer literature class where I had to read all these homosexual novels (if you guys ever need to read a homosexual book just ask me, I actually have a weird collection of them) and ever since then I've been convinced that I knew everything about being gay/a lesbian.

Being in that class was interesting. My friend pointed out a few key things on how to look like a lesbian:

1) Piercings
Have a lot of piercing's either one ear, or both. And it doesn't have to be in your ear, it can be anywhere on your face/body. (Also, I didn't know this, but the skin on your face moves as you age, so if you have an eyebrow piercing, it will shift and get lower as you age. WEIRD.)

2) Short hair
Or just have cool spunky hair.

3) Tattoos
Not exactly sure what kind of tattoo, but I'm guessing something that would make people think of their erotic self-ignorance.

4) Dress as if you belong to neither gender
This could include wearing mans clothes, or odd accessories, to not wearing certain undergarments. Yeah, it was really awkward sometimes, because these girls could come to class without certain undergarments and it'd be really obvious because they'd be wearing thin mens shirts...

Yeah ... this post is getting awkward. I'm going to restart the essay.... sigh .....

3 responses to “Like Big Rolling Kegs”

  1. WOW. I did NOT watch this week's episode yet...

  2. Woops, sry if I ruined it for you!

  3. lol it's ok...I avoided it intentionally, because I didn't really feel like watching it. Now I don't have to watch it to know what happened! :D

Leave a Reply

Followers

Archive