Mary came to LH the other night. I haven't had a chance to talk to her since then until today at work.
We all had to wear these yellow 'kid cancer awareness' t-shirts today, someone commented that we all looked like little chickens running around. Not everyone wore the shirts though, but since I work beside the office I had to wear one. It felt like I was working at a day camp.
I was worried that Mary wasn't wearing a yellow t-shirt, so eventually I told switchboard that I was going over to her department and to page me if there was a customer looking for me. I ran into Mary midway, and she told me she was just on her way to see me.
It turns out, she was wearing a yellow shirt. I wanted to see if people could tell us apart, so I said to Chris, "Hey Chris can you tell us apart?"
He was like, "No way what? There's two Mary's? How can this be, I can't tell you two apart! Who's who!" *Rolls Eyes.* Ok I admit, Mary and I don't look that alike anymore ever since I cut my hair and started to look like I'm 12 again.
(The other night Annabelle was offended that I said Mary looked more like me than she did, she got all snarky and was like "You guys don't even look alike!"
To which I answered, "You suck!"
If you guys have siblings you'd understand this exchange of verbal abuse.)
So Mary brought up the subject of LH, I didn't even have to say anything. She said that she wasn't expecting so many people there and it was kind of overwhelming, and how cool it was that everyone just kept on talking. I was about to ask her what she meant by that, when all the sudden I heard switchboard paging me to go back to my department.
Have you guys ever seen Chariots of Fire? Me neither. But I always imagined that it would go down something like this:
As soon as I heard the page, I was like, "Crap! Gotta go!" I turned around, all dramatic like, and started speed walking. Chris and Michelle were behind the cash desk with their fingers pointing towards my department, saying "Tsk tsk Ann!!" and wagged their fingers at me. I start running and half way there I hear Valerie yell "Run Ann Run!" I get to my department only to realize that the customer only wanted to know where the bathroom was. Fail.
Yeah, my life is so undramatic it's a good thing my imagination is generous enough to twist my memories.
So that was it. I should probably text Mary and make her tell me what she meant.
Anyway, March is underway and I am starting to panic. Everything is due soon and I have barely begun anything. I will drink more of my magic coffee potion and ignore sleep tonight.
---Edit---
Weirdest thing happened, I was typing this when Mary texted me. Apparently she meant that she is amazed at people who can speak as if they're reading off of something.
---Edit Edit---
One of the things that Mary had to take a picture of for her internship was a picture of two people talking, where one person has their head bent down, looking stressed. Armin and I modeled for her last Friday. She just emailed me the pictures now, and, as you can see, I do not make a good model at all since I couldn't stop laughing.
(This picture reminded me that I should probably wash my orange scarf soon ...)


Fob-ing it up
lOl so that's what she meant by everyone talked lol, at first i was like " did she mean we talked way too much and it gave her a headache?" cuz that totally happened to me..i had this friend once, he talked so much that i literally got headaches whenever im around him. anyway thanks for clearing that up lol. i am happy that she does not think we are strange!