I accidentally ate meat during dinner tonight. This does not count as cheating! Invisible, shredded pork hiding in what seemed like vegetarian japchae is plain old trickery. Here's how it went down:
My grandma asked what I wanted for dinner for our weekly dinner date. I told her that I didn't want any meat, since I am not consuming meat anymore (I'm not going to use the word vegetarian since Emo Ann refuses to use labels. Plus, the word 'vegetarian' has negative connotations like the word 'feminist' as I experienced the other night when I went out for pho with Josh, Eddie and Hannah after LH. Hannah went to the washroom, and Josh started talking about how Hitler was a vegetarian, and used that as the reason as to why he was so loco. "There's a clear connection right there!" Josh said as I ordered vegetable spring rolls ... ).
Anyway, getting off topic. So I told my grandma I didn't want any meat, which she was happy to hear since it turns out that she is also reducing her meat intake (hoorrah for cool grandmas :D). Because she said this, I assumed everything was going to be vegetarian tonight.
Lesson learned: Never assume. Always smell, poke and eyeball very carefully before consuming.
So I happily pilled up the japchae on my plate and started eating. When I was halfway done I noticed the shredded pork lurking like undetectable ninja's on my plate! I immediately yelled "There's meat in this!"
My grandma says sorry, and my dad starts yelling at me. "So what if there's meat! It's not going to kill you! What will happen if you eat meat, huh? Tell me! Nothing, that's what! It's just meat! God made these things for you to eat ... blah blah blah ..."
It's no wonder I never tell my dad anything. Totally unsupportive and 100% annoying. I spent the rest of dinner sulkily picking out the shredded pork, feeling guilty that I let myself down. Boo. But I cheered up when my grandma dished out the peanut balls.
Moving on:
I was just thinking about the quote I heard from Dream High, the Korean Drama, today at work: (It roughly sounds like this, the last part is definitely wrong.)
"There are two kinds of happiness: One is where you realize you're happy after the event, and the other is when you realize you're happy at the moment. This kind of happiness is momentarily, but when you do, then you're really happy."
This made me realize that I am happy at the moment. I think when I graduate, I will miss being an undergrad. This time of our lives is short but probably the only time when we'll ever be so free in life, without being constrained by anything. We can do whatever, dream whatever and go wherever we want.
My mom has this thing where she believes in good energy. Apparently, when she thinks of something good, like winning the lottery, it happens (she won the lottery once). I was drinking my Tim Horton's coffee, thinking of that happy quote, and was about to roll up the rim when I remembered my mom's weird theory. I decided to think that I was going to win. I rolled up the rim and it said ...
Gagnez un beigne!
Booyah! Boston Cream here I come!
(I have yet to meet someone else who's as enthusiastic about Boston Cream doughnuts as I am.)
LOL! I could hear you guys laughing from the washroom! Josh has the most funny comments ever! lol
Yeah, Josh his hilarious!