White Pants in October

Life is big and if I just talk about anything it'll be too broad. I suppose you'll want to hear what made me happy today? Well that's broad too. If I talk about all the wonderful, fascinating, minute-by-minute details it might kill your bandwith. If I examine every skip, every smile, every happy hand gesture, every happy bite and every sigh - well we can start with the texts, then the caffeine, then the realization of my fantastic dream and how my shampoo smells really, really good, and how my bangs are actually behaving today.

How I caught the bus just in time, and having the bus driver smile back. How I got to work just in time and printed everything just in time and how the students arrived just in time. Lessons ran a bit late, but that's ok, because that means it was a good lesson. Tired faces, slow fingers, eyes in a daze - hoping to get a reaction, an answer, squeeze that imagination out, oh well it's Friday after all, I'll repeat myself next week again.

On the way down I played ten games of solitaire and won none, eventually settling at staring out the glass window to watch the blackness whiz by, a flash of light to keep me staring every now and then, while I had Surfacing opened in my hands. Maybe I was too eager for my eyes to concentrate - Eglinton, Summerhill, Rosedale - how would the Conversation play out?

A happy hello here, happy hello there, throw in how are you here and there. How were your midterms? Sorry for the offense, I didn't mean to offend, really.

Eventually everyone scuttles along, and we're hurried outside thinking about food. The group splits into three and the Conversation begins with the fourth split over hot drinks and willing tongues. After several analogies and with comforted hearts, we're satisfied. Physical food this time?

Oh but it's a crisp October night, and we're thinking about how the bus came just in time, how the students behaved, how we felt like skipping, how we got our work done and how we had the Conversation - maybe it's time to dwell with the things that matter in the present. How do you do? How's the banana? You know, if I wanted to give you a list of three things, I'm going to start off with the story of how I wore white pants that one day. I hope this won't be covered in cheese afterwards.

Hours later here we are, reminiscing on happy thoughts of a happy day. Tomorrow you'll tell me something new, I'm sure of it, because you're sure of it. But if we're actually sure of something, are we sure we're sure?

----

Sorry if this is weird. Truth is, it's 4:29 am as I'm typing this and I'm going to tweak the time so it will say 12:59 pm. I got home after midnight and was late as is, so I stayed up a bit longer to type this. This is me babbling.

2 responses to “White Pants in October

  1. wow, you really are an eglish major, even in your subconscious..

  2. I don't think that has anything to do with it ... this is just what happens when people blog at 4am.

Leave a Reply

Followers

Archive