So maybe I exaggerated about not having any friends in my classes. Earlier last month, I discovered that Jessica, this girl I went to jr. high and high school with, was also in my class. I tried to avoid her because I didn't feel like socializing, but she eventually spotted me and said, "Oh my god, Ann! What are you doing in this class?!"
Turns out this entire time she's in the same program as I am. I knew she was at U of T (power of facebook) but I thought she was in a different program. Jessica isn't bad at all, even though I tried to avoid her. We met in gr. 8, or was it gr. 7? Anyway, she was the new kid and one day I said hi to her in gym class and that very afternoon, she followed me home from school, since we only lived a few streets away from each other. It became a routine for us, everyday after school she'd come over to my house, we'd drink coke, and sit on my bed watching t.v. while doing 'homework.'
It all ended when she eventually got a boyfriend and started hanging out with him instead. Now that I think about it, it's actually really amusing.
So that's it, funny how we're in the same class now. Last week she asked for my notes, and since I've been taking notes by hand, I've been typing it all up to send to her, which is not a loss on my part at all because I needed to review my notes anyway to write my essay.
Our professor assigned us to do an essay on what we think about Blake's writing evolution. If my professor didn't think so highly of Blake and I didn't care about my grades, I would write my essay on how I think Blake is immature and childish, and never really evolved, but rather just became more angry and flustered with his ideas. Anyway, as you can see, I don't have much hope for dead poets.
Tonight a bunch of people are coming over to my place for dinner. My mom told me to make Pad Thai, which I agreed to do to appease her, but what she doesn't seem to remember is that this is my first time to make Pad Thai. She's already managed to hype it up to everyone who's coming. Oh boy. I'll make sure to take a picture of it and share the disaster with you guys.
I have a great recipe for pad thai. The mango salad looks really good too. Good luck!
http://www.cbc.ca/bestrecipes/recipe-search.html#showresults=&keywords=pad%2Bthai&page=1&sort=4&order=desc
Oh yum...pad thai.