It's already been a month since school started but it wasn't until today that I felt myself crash. I was at Cecil today, setting up the tables and decorating the basement for the Thanksgiving Dinner this Friday (Which I sadly can't go too) when all the sudden I was like, "Dude, I'm exhausted."
For the past month, I've only been coming home to sleep. I wake up, albeit late, and head out the door right away, and come home around 10:30-11:00 ish, sometimes later. I basically have been spending the whole day downtown running around places, but most of the time nerding out in the library.
I hope I won't be burnt out too quickly, at least not until after November.
Here is my survival guide for commuting students who are basically out all day:
1) Drink a lot of water
Water is important! Especially when you're commuting in nasty, dirty busses where everyone sneezes and coughs without covering their mouths because they have bad manners. Everyone lately has been getting sick, but I've managed to stay healthy because I drink 8 glasses of water a day. (Even though most of the time it's tap water from the water fountain)
2) Get Exercise
Though you're already lugging your heavy backpack around campus and could be counted as exercise, hit the gym and be active. I've been trying to do this with little success, but I still try! This keeps you healthy.
3) Pack your own lunch.
I pack my own lunch/dinner (Sometimes even breakfast, which is why my bag is so heavy) and this saves a lot of time and money. Pack lots of fruits because they are easy to toss in your bag when you're on the go! An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
4) Join a cooking club
Or in my case, crash a cooking club. I have a friend who has a cooking club, and I just go after the meeting sessions to eat the food.
5) Nerd out together with your friends
Or sister. It's always better to go to the library with your friends because then you have company and won't feel so lonely.