Homlessness

Enough depressing posts.


I went to the AGO today with my friends because they managed to get free passes, the same way they managed to get free passes to the zoo. So instead of diligently studying in the library/ doing research in labs, we diligently became art critics for one afternoon. It went well, because anything free is good.

So I'm starting a couple of projects soon. Recently, I just finished one, which was to make bookmarks and hand it out to my fellow nerds (this is a lot harder than it sounds). I'm stepping it up for my next project, which will be to help the homeless. Here are my ideas:

1) Sandwich run
Which is, to make sandwiches for the homeless and give pass it out. (and run while doing it, hence the name)

2) Sock donation
Get a bunch of socks and hand it out to those in need of socks.

3) Some kind of dental hygiene kit
Because we all know living on the street gives people bad breath.

Anyway, I know some of you reading this will roll your eye and wonder why on earth I would want to help the homeless people of Toronto. My answer is, why not? I have no good valid reason for doing this except that I want to. Most homeless people are not homeless by choice, they just unfortunately ran into a series of unfortunate events ... and may or may not have become mentally ill afterwards as a result.

I also want to plan the halloween party. Amy and I have already thought of awesome entertainment/games that everyone will take part in. One of them involves a lot of tissue paper (not to wipe your butt with) and another game involves toe sucking. I know you're all dying to play it now.

2 responses to “Homlessness”

  1. toe sucking?? -_-" ok amy is NOT ALLOWED TO give suggestions for games!!!! lol

  2. Betty, I want to suck your toe! =P What makes you think it was my idea?

Leave a Reply

Followers