Inspired by this weeks Glee episode, I decided to dedicate a post on spirituality.
Ever notice how the older you get, the more spirituality curious you become? I've noticed this with a lot of my friends/acquaintances. It's like, the older we all get the more we realize that there really has to be something else worth living for, besides getting a good marks and a great job. It's as if we all have this void we want to fill.
Anyway, as cheesy as this sounds, I pray with Tabitha on the phone every week. We talk talk talk talk, then pray. We're not even praying about hard core stuff, just like, about our friends, people we care about, school, light house (This Christian club we both go to, come check it out!) I always feel a lot calmer after praying, and oddly more accomplished even though I didn't really do anything.
I do keep a prayer journal though, just this little notebook where I write down everything we pray about. I'm just trying to see at the end of the year if any of my prayers have been answered. There's this general misconception that prayers have to be answered right away. Wrong. It takes years for some prayers to be answered. Trust me, you need endurance.
Ok, that's enough Christian talk for now.
I'm attending this suicide conference very near in the future. Not that I'm suicidal, it's a three hour conference that teaches you how to talk to people who are suicidal. Is it weird that I'm excited to do this? It's kinda like CPR training, you eventually help save a life.