Friendships, Snapping at People, and Reason #55

In light of the way things have been going recently, I've learned that:


1) You can't assume you understand someone because of a few distinct characteristic traits
2) A smile goes a long way
3) Friendships take a lot of effort, but the end result is always rewarding

In t.v. shows, characters are introduced sequently, I feel like that's how my life has been in the past few years. In a way, this is exciting because I am constantly meeting and getting to know people better, but this means that they come in and out of the picture just as fast. Sometimes, they linger a bit and even become main characters, but most of the time they become minor characters that stand in the background.

Even though I may want to keep up with everyone all the time, it's impossible to do since I'm never going to stop meeting new people. There are some people who disappear and come back, and some people who are always there. These are the people I, as cheesy as this sounds, treasure the most since they're the ones who will probably be in my life for a long while to come.

Then there are those minor characters I have to let go of reluctantly. These are the people who I meet and have an exciting friendship with, but after a while, it's like our friendship is put on the back burner and we loose touch. Sadly, some minor characters are meant to be main characters.

Anyway, here's a snippet of a couple of embarrassing moments of my life today:

I was texting Tabitha at work about an embarrassingly stupid thing I did, when a coworker asks who I was texting. Before I had the chance to think of something smart to reply, I found myself snapping: "You don't need to know."

This was extremely embarrassing because afterwards it was weird to be around this person. Mary then approached me to say bye since she was leaving, when I quickly dragged her into the coat room with me and recounted the embarrassing moment.

She was busy consoling me when I heard someone punching in the code on the door to open it. I stuck my hand out to open the door for that person, when at the same moment, that person opened the door and yelled "Eiiiii!"

The person who yelled was V., the new girl upstairs. I felt so bad I scared her since she was new. Plus I had wanted to give her a good impression of myself, since Mary suggested a couple of days ago that she could be the third twin. Instead, her first impression of me will always be the girl who hid in the coat room to complain and scared her.

I've been going through a lot of situations that I end up regretting and get embarrassed by lately. I will blame it on my lack of sleep. Since I'm the type of person who thrive on a lot of sleep and coffee, a lack of both things make me drowsy, and more importantly, gives me a scary impression.

You know how some people are cute drowsy's? (Like how some people are funny drunks) When some people are drowsy, they look cute like a cat and you just want to pet them and make them lean on your shoulders and watch them rub their eyes (not in a pedo way). I'm the completely opposite. When I get drowsy and sleepy, I end up having a scary-I-hate-the-world look. It's completely unflattering. (And this is excuse #55 of why I should sleep all the time, whenever I want.)

Leave a Reply

Followers