Chilling in the library, yo

This is sad to say, but I think I am getting tired of libraries. Since I commute to school from the far away land of Vaughan, I generally mouse around in the library a lot. It’s quiet, safe, and dry (this is especially important in the winter). I have two favourite libraries on campus: Robarts and Gerstein. E.J. Pratt used to be my favourite hideaway, but it’s too full of humanities students. This sounds hypocritical since I’m in humanities myself, but I prefer nerding out with science students since they look cute when they furrow their eyebrows in concentration (kekeke).

But lately, since it’s finals and everyone is striving to impress their parents with A++’s, both Robarts and Gerstein have become jam packed with students. There are several downfalls to this:

1) People with little to no knowledge of library etiquette find their way in the midst of hard working nerds.

Example: Yesterday, I spent the entire afternoon with Annabelle writing an essay but I found it extremely hard to concentrate since sitting at the table next to us were two large loud-mouthed social bugs. One of them had a friend come visit, and since they wanted to talk, they ran around the bookshelves trying to find a spot to sit and chat. Books are not soundproof, and unless you have a gigantic wall of books super glued together, they will not muffle the sound of your giggling and gossip. Afterwards, the two of them sat back down at their tables and continued talking. I guess this is my fault for not having earplugs, since as I waited and looked around for someone to tell them to shut up, I noticed everyone had pulled out their bright orange earplugs and plugged them in their ears.

I was really annoyed though, since one of them had braces and it made their SSS super sharp. Rawr.

2) The bathrooms end up being a mess and reeking.

Example: Today at Gerstein, the bathroom reeked from being overused. Plus the toilet seat in one stall had come unhinged, which I found out about through a rather unfortunate way.

But in general, girls who put their make up on and groom themselves up in the bathroom make me uneasy. Several reasons why:

i) I always think they sneak glances at me thinking “Poor, sad, little girl can’t even afford a comb” or “Someone give this girl oil paper blotter, quick!”
ii) They take up sink space. It’s annoying because you have to tiptoe around them without being rude as you wash your hands. But wouldn’t it be funny if someone was applying lipstick and you pushed them by ‘accident’ and their lipstick smudged all over their face? *Insert evil laughter here – mwahahahaha*

3) It’s constantly crowded.

But I can’t really complain about this, it just means everyone is studying hard in library, unlike me who takes up space in the library writing unnecessary blog posts. (It’s rush hour at the moment, I don’t feel like commuting home like a sardine stuffed in a tin can)

Nota Bene: I wonder if there’s a way to harness brainpower and convert it into energy?

Ok that’s it for now, I think this is getting lengthy and strenuous to read. I was originally going to post a sad story but ended up writing this, I wonder how that happened.

4 responses to “Chilling in the library, yo

  1. LOL Did you find an Alexandra Wallace in the library?

    Wow, you really like using "kekekekeke" now, don't you? I'm scared. Even I don't use that. lol

  2. it's cuz I laugh a lot kekekeke ... ok i'll stop ... soon haha :P

  3. oohhh...chingchonglinglongtingtong

Leave a Reply

Followers