Job Searching: The Educational Trauma


We’re all going to go through it at some point and for me, that traumatic moment of my life is now. But along the way of being depressed, anxious, and self-doubting, it’s actually been an educational experience for me.

Here’s a list of random things I’ve learned:
1) The City of Toronto and its various communities
Sure I’ve lived in this glorious city and even attended school here, but I’ve never really properly learned the layout of the city. This happened because I don’t have a car and have to rely on public transportation, which is why I always google map different areas, consequently getting distracted and virtually exploring the city for a while.

2) That talking to your dog is a good thing
Says random questionable sources on the internet. But I do it anyway because Charlie is just always there and I vent out my frustrations at him.

3) Sharks lay eggs
But not all of them. Did you know this? This just about blew my mind.

4) Tigers and Lions live on different continents
My animal research continues. For some reason, this never occurred to me and I only stumbled on this thought when I asked, “Who would win in a fight, the tiger or lion?” (Answer: tigers win most of the time.)

5) Scientific arguments for creationism
Only because I’ve decided to start reading The Case for Creation by Lee Strobel. This book is dense and he could have written it in a better format, but he makes valid points that I often find myself reading over and over again just to comprehend what he is saying.  

6) The Continent of Africa
Just incase I end up as a participant on the Amazing Race and have to find my way around the elephants, crocodiles, and massive basiliks.

7) Mail order brides
I stayed up until 3 am one night watching several documentaries to properly weigh in the pros and cons. Verdict: Man up and find a girl in your own neighbourhood.

8) Grammar and different essay structures
For some reason, I can’t escape it. 

I’ll leave you off with this:
Atoms and angels and ants,
Crocodiles and tigers and clouds,
Elephants and eagles and electrons,
Orchids and onions and octupuses,
Frogs and feathers and sea foam,
Diamonds and dust and dinosaurs,
Raindrops and sweat drops,
Dewdrop and blood drops
and me! And You! 

One response to “Job Searching: The Educational Trauma

  1. I really enjoyed the random things you have learned. staying up til three am to watch documentaries on mail order brides was really impressive lol save the brides!

Leave a Reply

Followers