While brushing my teeth I thought of the book I've been reading called, Turning Life Into Fiction by Robin Hemley. It's a good book although to tell you the truth, I don't need help turning my life into fiction since I can never come up with something as good as real life.
In fact, it's good that I have a bad habit of blogging because if I ever forget something, I can always refer back to this and be like, "Oh yeah, so that's what happened that one time that guy randomly moved in with us."
Here's the story:
So it's been two months since my dad has moved out. Suddenly, the house felt too big for everyone since we pretty much mole in our room most of the time, so my mom hired this burly guy to renovate the family room and turn it into a mini apartment.
The guy told me his name once, but I quickly forgot it since I thought he'd only be around for a week so it wasn't very important to me. The only thing I know about him is that he's Brazilian but sounds like he has a thick Russian accent. That and the fact that he's good at fixing things.
So last night I came home near midnight after visiting Kathi with some of the girls, when I noticed that his car was still in the driveway. The lights were turned off and I didn't see him, so I asked my mom.
She replies, "Oh, he's just here for the night, he might move in the family room."
ARE YOU KIDDING?!?
See, when this entire 'tenant' thing came up in our conversations, I thought my mom and I established some rules:
1) The tenant has to be a woman
2) The tenant has to be quiet
3) The tenant has to either be a student/single woman
4) The tenant has to be a Filipina
I already set my heart into living with a sweet, gentle Filipina woman who would cook me the comfort foods I grew up with just like my old yaya used to back in the Philippines. INSTEAD we might have some random Brazilian guy whose name I don't even know! The complete opposite!
Anyway, let's hope this doesn't fall through. Either that or I will have to do a thorough background check on this guy.
If the check list looks like this:
Crazy Killer: x
Three times divorced dad: x
Has a past history of 'missing' pets: x
Intolerant of stupid people: x
You'll know why my face will be splashed all over the headlines the next morning. (Crazy woman's mother let a wild tenant move in, woman does background check and discovers his disturbing past. DUM DUM DUM.)
One person who isn't happy about this is Annabelle. To cheer her up, I've basically acted like her willing slave all evening: Got her tea, did her laundry, sympathized, and offered to paint her nails. Poor Annabelle though, it's not easy being a future pharmacist.
I'll end this post with the best quote I've heard in a while (courtesy of Modern Family):
Phil-osophy: The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations.
(This quote is just for you, John Chao. Haha.)
A Wild Tenant Has Appeared!
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)
Followers
Archive
-
▼
2012
(57)
-
▼
October
(10)
- One of Many Doctor Appointments
- English Teachers Are Evil
- Back Up Career
- Reblog: MIND THE GAP on the Adult School Bus
- Profile Picture Fail
- A Wild Tenant Has Appeared!
- Life with the Dog
- The Most Anticlimactic Moment of My Life
- The End (Hopefully) of my Traumatizing Journey
- Job Searching: The Educational Trauma
-
▼
October
(10)