I'm usually not a girly girl and I hate doing girly things like baking cookies and being delicate. Usually I prefer doing man-ish things like telling crude jokes and punching people.
But there's only one exception: personal hygiene. And by personal hygiene I mean getting rid of the dead skin on your feet.
So I have weird feet. I'm not that tall, and recently I found out I'm a few millimeter's shy of being 5'5 (when this entire time I boasted of being exactly 5'5), but I have big feet for a girl. Growing up I took pride in this, since this meant I had to buy new shoes every year, worn out or not. However, as with all things, having big feet is not always beneficial because I can't wear new shoes unless I want my bunions to suffer.
Also, during the summer time I don't wear socks (because I hate socks) so my feet suffer considerably. Walking through China Town attracts dirt, going to the beach gives me cuts, flip flops give me bad tan lines, speed walking makes them sweat, and at work I don't wear shoes or socks so I develop calluses. As you can imagine, I have ugly feet.
Thankfully, because of Annabelle's birthday and because we both happen to be going to a wedding, we decided to go for a pedicure and manicure. I've had pedi's and mani's once before and all I can remember from that experience was that it was expensive, so I didn't have high hopes this time around.
But this time, I was in feet heaven (as odd as that sounds). After soaking my feet in warm water with a constant jet stream of water to massage them, the woman doing my pedicure complained that I had too much dead skin on the bottom of my heel. So she took this nasty looking scraper and scrapped away the dead skin. Then she took what seemed like a cheese grater and used it to scrub away on my foot. You could literally see your dead skin being peeled away.
She finished it off with a foot massage and applied at least ten different kinds of oils and lotions and applied a hot towel on top after. I couldn't be happier. After months of agonizing over ugly feet, my feet looked brand new!
Anyway, this entire experience has taught me that I don't have to take care of my feet, I'll just get a pedicure each time it gets too ugly looking. So that's it, I hope this will last me long enough for the wedding next week. I'll have to limit my speed walking urges until then.
Ugly Feet
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)
I need to do this, i want brand new feet too!