Girls are like Mother Hamsters

As I was in the park jogging earlier today, I witnessed two people peeing in the bushes. This not only made me really disgusted, but it also made me sick when I remembered the times when I myself would go into the bushes to take pictures.


Note to self: never enter random bushes to take pictures because you never know who might have just finished their business there.

As soon as I got home, I ran into the shower and exfoliated like mad.

Speaking of exfoliating, Jennifer just had a sleepover and I totally wanted to bring my exfoliating kit/mud masks/nail polish and have a totally girly sleepover beautifying ourselves while stuffing our faces with chips and talk about guys deep into the night. Unfortunately, I was in such a mad rush when I was packing my bag that I completely forgot to bring all of the above. See, guys bond by wrestling and giving each other wedgies, girls bond by applying mud masks together.

Nonetheless though, we still managed to talk about guys deep into the night. I've been feeling bummed lately, because I been feeling like I've been excluded from a lot of social activities and haven't been keeping up with the girls (except for Ariel), so I was excited to have serious girl time.

There are two types of girly talks:
1) The type where it turns into a giggle fest.
Example: conversations about the time a hot guy winked at you = ROTFGLM (rolling on the floor giggling like mad)

2) Serious conversations about guys
Example: your ideal guy/marriage.

Yesterday, we focused more on the second type. Girls are really complicated, but I guess this is already a given. We're complicated not only with the guys we like, but even more so among ourselves, especially when it comes to guys.

Think of it like hamsters: mother hamsters are possessive over their babies to the point where they'll eat the baby if someone touches them.

Girls are like this. I'm not saying that we'll eat each other or massacre guys, but it's the same kind of possessive feeling. Anyway, I've had a recent experience that was relatively like this where a mother hamster attacked me, so I've been feeling kind of down lately.

When it comes to guys I don't think I'm that picky. Even though I may joke about having an ideal type on this blog, I truthfully don't have one. I don't believe my Mr. M. will actually have a name that starts with an M., nor do I think he'll be a fan of cleaning bathrooms (refer to the Mr. M. post if you're reading this with a confused expression). As long as he loves God and wants to stay in Toronto for the rest of his life I'm happy.

We saw this really cheesy movie called Leap Year, and during the wedding scene the bride said, "May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you."

Even though this is incredibly cheesy, I betcha one of these days I'm going to find myself in a wedding where this will be someone's exact wedding vow.

4 responses to “Girls are like Mother Hamsters”

  1. I completely forgot about that wedding vow. It's cheesy, but aw...

    And I did not know that mother hamsters are possessive to the point that they eat their babies...

  2. Actually, mother hamsters distinguish their babies by scent and when you touch the babies, it confuses them to think that the babies are food because of your scent. So don't let the hamsters loose or they will eat you.

  3. you can't just say that you had a recent experience of a mother hamster attack you and not tell the story!

  4. I think I already told you about this one John.

Leave a Reply

Followers