Countdown:
21 days till my last day at Sears
5 days until the last day of summer school
=Freedom
Today, I had the very interesting experience of serving my gr.11 English teacher. I live in a somewhat small community where everyone pretty much grew up together. My elementary school is only a few blocks from my house, and in fact, the custodian to that very school lives a few houses down from me (he has the coolest Christmas lights every year). Everyone lives close by: my coworkers, old classmates and teachers, so it's not a surprise that I would run into the person who made gr.11 hell for me: Mrs. Travares, English teacher extraordinaire.
The English teachers in my high school had the reputation for being mean and nasty, and helping Mrs. Travares get her credit back for her weber genesis bbq made her seem unnaturally human. Now that she's done being mean and nasty to me, I'm able to admire her for the hip and cool person that she is behind that mean exterior. She has several cartilage piercings on both ears along with a piercing on her eyebrow, which is all topped off with short spunky hair and a hipster jumper. Good thing she didn't recognize me, but then again, I was very unremarkable back in high school.
I find it ironic how I'm helping her now though, if I wanted, I could have been mean and be all, "clearly this overly priced weber genesis bbq has been used: no refund!"
I've been mulling a lot of thoughts in my head lately, most of it very trivial because I have nothing better to think about. Although I wouldn't mind being a few shades darker, I can't wait for summer to be over. I think summer has brought out nothing but evil headaches intended to torment me in the form of frogs (code name for something to help shield your innocence).
Frogs are like mother hamsters, they're persistent and vile, and the complete opposite of Prince Charmings on a white horse. Can't wait for frog season to be over.
Then I came across these verses:
Romans 1:21-22
for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise they became fools.
Am I to be a senseless fool thinking of futile things? I'm happy that I'm reading the bible with Ariel now, so I won't waste my time thinking of futile things.