Gonna blog because I feel like slacking off.
(Seriously, it's August and I don't feel like writing an essay. The only thing keeping me going is the thought that I only have one week of summer school left and I'm freeeeee.)
A long time ago, when I saw the first Harry Potter movie, I thought I'd never see a movie just as good ever again. To my 12 year old self, it was the epitome of all movies. Unfortunately, after the third HP movie, everything began to go downhill so I vowed to never see another HP movie ever again (unless I saw it accidentally).
But when the last part of the Deathly Hallows came out, I decided to waste my scene points and see it, since, after all, it's the LAST HP movie. Since it had been so long since I had seen a HP movie, I actually expected this one to be good.
Wrong.
The movie sucked.
The ending sucked, the middle part sucked, but the beginning part was ok. The reason I'm such a nitpick over the movie is because I'm a die-hard HP fan and the movie ended up getting a bunch of details wrong, i.e. Harry's eyes, Harry's hair, Harry's scar, that weird relationship between Neville and Luna, all that snogging Hermione and Ron did, the way the Malfoy's just ran off together in the end and WHY are they wearing muggle clothing?!?!
Anyway, I decided that the HP movie franchise is just a big, fat fan art gone wrong.
The HP movies have only benefited me in two ways:
1) Rupert Grint.
Rupert Grint is my first celebrity crush and the reason why I like red heads.
2) Tom Felton
I love Tom Felton. I follow him on twitter and he's such a down to earth dude. Plus, I really like Draco Malfoy, I felt like his character was well developed and in the end you realize that the Malfoy's is just one, big, gushy, lovey, dovey family.
Ok enough gushing. Time to get back to my essay on Richard Van Camp's 'Angel Wing Splash Pattern.'
Oh random story: so for my seminar class I basically had to do a presentation on Van Camp's book, and afterwards I opened it up for discussion. One girl said, "ok I'm just going to point out the elephant in the room that no one seems to be talking about, so I'll just say it. Was this book meant to be something erotic?"
And then the entire class agreed and started talking about how erotic the book was.
I guess I'm just too nerdy or something, because when I read the book I took the sexual innuendo's for metaphors and literary symbolism for struggle, and didn't think of it as erotic literature. When I admitted to the class that I didn't see anything erotic about the book they looked at me like I had two heads and said, "wow."
The same thing happened to me in my other class, where my friend was like, "why does this article talk about porn so much?"
I was like, "what really? I thought it was talking about the different class struggles in Chinese society."
Man, people have such dirty minds.
One of my friends loved Tom Felton so much, she painted him on t-shirts and jeans, and made us call her Mrs. Felton when she was in an obsessed mode. They were really good too, since she's really good at art.