Temptation and the need to Clone Myself

Last night I sat in front of my laptop for an hour thinking of ways to blog about having to deal with temptation, and in the end coming out empty. Temptation is probably the hardest topic to blog about, since it can get really personal. In any case, it's a good thing I have my hands full since this way I can't be troubled with temptation so much.


There are different kinds of temptation. The ones that I probably come across with most often, aside from the temptation of calling in sick to work (which happens whenever I have a shift now), would have to do with guys. This is not to say that I have a lot of guys around me that are tempting or whatever, I just feel like as a girl, I have an obligation to end conversations with guys. It's like, when I have conversations with guys I'm always tempted to keep the conversation going but at the same time, I know I have to end it so I don't give the wrong impression that I'm interested.

Ok, so what I really want to blog about is a rant on my need to clone myself. I've been giving this some serious thought lately, and I seriously think that cloning myself would be the best idea. This way, with all the super cloned Ann's running around, I'd have time to do everything I want to do.

What I would send my army of clones to do:
1) One clone will be dedicated to teaching and making lesson plans. This will be the super multitasked clone that will always be high on sugar and caffein and never be low on energy. This will also be the clever clone that will be able to make SSAT lessons on a whim.

2) One clone will be dedicated to doing fun stuff with the girls. I.e. going to the beach, summerlicious, going to light house, watching movies with Jennifer, having sleepovers at Hannah's, going to Manley's birthday lunch, spending as much time with my cousins while they're here in Toronto, etc. This clone will be tanned and hip and never stressed.

3) One clone will be dedicated to summer school. This clone will have a very boring time since this clone will spend her days reading all the time, and by all the time, I mean ALL the time. (My advanced seminar class is no joke. Actually, it's far from a joke. It's murder.) This clone will also be busy writing essays and making presentations. In short, this clone will have no life and will most likely be stuck in the library most of the time.

4) One clone will be dedicated to the retail job. This clone will never call in sick because of a sunburn, and will take all the shifts given to her, which means at least five shifts a week. This clone will also take extra shifts if she can, which essentially means that this clone will be the money maker. This clone will also have to be high on sugar all the time so she can deal with angry customers properly.

And I will be the manager and make sure my clones are doing their job properly.

Problem now is, where am I going to find a machine to clone myself?!? (On a student budget too)

One response to “Temptation and the need to Clone Myself

  1. I think in a cloning-works universe, all the Ann clones would get super jealous of the clone that gets to have all the fun and will want to create clones of themselves so that they can do fun things too. And ultimately, you get a gazillion clones of yourself, all having a super fun time with the girls, going to the beach.. etc etc.

Leave a Reply

Followers