Happy Canada Day!
Usually, I spend Canada day with Amy Tang somewhere in Toronto to watch fireworks (which are always disappointing), but this year I spent it with my family since my aunt and two cousins arrived yesterday evening from Vancouver to stay here with us for a month.
The last time I saw my cousins was at least five years ago, when they were still young and shorter than me. Before their arrival, everyone kept telling me that Michelle, the older of the two, is super tall and super athletic. In my head, I always figured that they were just boasting since they haven't seen Michelle in a while. I also stalk my cousins sometimes on facebook, which is why I got the impression that Michelle would be some dorky, tall and lanky athletic kid, who went to church all the time and listened to her parents.
So when I saw Michelle today I was completely surprised, since not only is she super tall and athletic, but also super pretty. Actually, not just pretty, she's gorgeous. I was like, "dudes, this is completely not fair. She got all the good genes."
She's the complete opposite of me when I was her age. I'm not sure how old she is, but I'm guessing she's around 15/16, and when I was that age I had braces, wore dorky glasses, was never tanned and had annoying hair. Michelle is the complete opposite, and I can't understand how someone who's suppose to be going through their dorky phase could look so good. In any case, I'm actually glad to be related to someone so pretty so I can look good by association. (My other cousin from Vancouver is Nicole, who's ten and follows Matt around because she thinks he's cool.)
Anyway, so today I realized I have a hidden talent that's not a talent at all. At one point, someone asked me to show them how to curl hair with a hair straightener, since I use to do this often with my own hair (before I chopped it off) and Annabelle's hair. My cousin Danielle whipped out her hair straightener, and before I knew it, I was curling everyone's hair. And somehow I begun painting everyone's nails, since they know I have a nail polish addiction.
Basically, while everyone was congratulating Annabelle on getting accepted to Pharmacy school, they were congratulating me on my hair curling/nail polish-ing skills. I hope this is not an omen for the future.
Today there was also some random guy at the family get together from my parents church. He reminds me a lot of Clement because he's constantly bouncing off the walls and blends in well with the little kids even though he's almost 30. I heard my grandma whispering with someone else about matching us up and I was like, "nooo not another Yunchi!"
I think they're just bored since everyone else in that church is getting engaged, so they want to see who else they can hook up. So far no luck, still haven't found Mr. M.
Colin also gave me this book called 'Dork Diaries' and wrote a funny note in the front where he spelt my name right! It's MAR-JO-RIE. You guys would be surprised how often people misspell my name and say pronounce it incorrectly.
So thanks Colin! I think I'm going to enjoy reading this book. It comes complete with doodles, which is convenient since I've been secretly doodling lately and have been meaning to post them up here. I still have to show you guys what Pou-Pou looks like. =D