Stuck inside blogging ...

Since I am feeling extremely unmotivated to write my essay (that's unfortunately due tonight) I will blog instead.


I just had lunch with Matt and my mom, and they reminded me about the time my mom sprained her ankle.

Basically, a few weeks ago, as Matt was getting his hair done at a Korean Salon, my mom decided that she would go outside in the parking lot and jog around (unlike me, my mom is super active). As she was jogging, she tripped on the pavement (so she says) and sprained her ankle. All the Korean ladies in the salon panicked, they brought her in, was about to call 911, and gave her ice.

The next day, she went to the hospital and came home with an ankle cast and a pink cane to help her walk.

As bad as it seems, as she was repeating the story of what happened to Matt and I, we just could not stop laughing. How do you sprain your ankle on the pavement?!? My mom is so strange sometimes. She's really hyper and is always on the go and is unable to sit still. Her hands always has to be busy with something, if not cooking it's baking, if not baking she's out ballroom dancing, if not ballroom dancing she's jogging, if not jogging she's out mountain biking, if not biking she's busy trying to kill Henry (she has an ongoing feud with the rabbit because Henry sheds a lot in the summer).

Armin asked me the other week what my relationship with my mom was like, and I said it was more of a friendship relationship. Though she's my mom, I've always seen her more of as a friend. She's never really bossed me around or has told me what to do unless I do something to aggravate her. As long as I'm in school she's happy. (A part of why she's more of a friend than a mom also has to do with the fact that I grew up with my grandparents as a child and not with her.)

So I've been reflecting a lot about my teaching job lately, which I put a lot of effort into. A lot of people tell me that the money I'm receiving is not worth it since I have to do extra work outside of work, like making lesson plans or downloading worksheets on my own time.

But to me, it doesn't matter. Though I may not get paid for the extra work, I don't care since I just want to do my best and get good results with the kids, and having them learn something is more important. The way I see it is that you can't make a business out of other peoples lives, meaning, though I may get paid for doing this, the money comes second and the actual job comes first.

Anyway, back to the essay. The topic is on the Native American Renaissance and I'm trying to dismantle the assumption of why there has to be a renaissance in the first place. The topic isn't boring, it's just that I'd rather not have to write the essay.

---- edit ----

Saw this around the interwebs and it immediately reminded me of what happened to my mom.
Skills.

Leave a Reply

Followers