Yesterday, while I was teaching this little kid grammar, we read a short paragraph on ice cream and how awesomely awesome it is.
Afterwards, his eyes got all big, and he begun wailing his arms up in the air saying, "it's so true! Ice cream is really good!"
This kid is the best. He must really love ice cream. And now that I think about it, this is probably the same reaction I have with Harry Potter.
Me: [wails arms in the air] Harry Potter is more awesome than your face!
Anyway, so lately, a couple of people, who shall remain nameless, have been having break downs since they're stressed about the amount of stuff they have to do. I can totally sympathize with them, since stressed is my surrogate middle name at the moment.
The fact that they're breaking down got me worried for a moment, since I thought I would probably be next in line. For a while, I walked around thinking, "ok this is it, at any moment now I am going to burst out in tears! Gotta have my roll of toilet paper handy."
But it never did happen because I realized that the more I anticipated my eventual break down, the more it probably won't show up. In any case, waiting for a break down is a waste of time, and if I really think about it, there's no reason to break down because I believe that God wouldn't give me more than I can handle, and the reason He probably gave me so much work to do is because He knows just how much to push me.
Speaking of God, yesterday, after teaching the kid who got excited about ice cream, I decided to go to the co-ordination meeting for LH on a whim. I originally wasn't planning to go, but for some reason, my text happy thumbs texted Ariel saying, "I'm going to try and make it to the meeting!"
Well, once I made the commitment I couldn't back out on it. I'm really happy I went though, because I realized how much I miss the LH people. It wasn't a big group yesterday, just me, Annabelle, Seo, Clement and Ariel, and we were discussing the topic of prayer. We were looking at several passages in the bible that discussed prayer, when Seo said that it'd be good for at least two people to give an introduction on Friday since John wouldn't be there.
When no one volunteered, Clement and Ariel begun telling the analogy Rhema said last week, about a table and everyone taking turns being the legs to support the table. I guess this really inspired us, because eventually we put our hands together in a pile, and said, "one, two, three whoo ha!"
I don't know what whoo ha means. We should have said something like, "one, two, three, table legs!" or "one, two, three, prayer!" or "one, two, three, Light House!"
Maybe whoo ha means all of the above.
So that's the story of how all four of us are doing the introduction on Friday. Not only is this a good way for me to practice speaking in public, but also a way for me to practice speaking for God in front of people (because otherwise I'd just be shooting the breeze). I'm really glad that Seo pushed us to share though, since it's important for our spiritual growth to share with other people once in a while.
Oh and Seo also did a super cool thing by compiling all of our verses into stanzas for a song we're singing on Friday. It's really good.
Ok I'll end here. I'm at Robarts typing this and it's SO LOUD. There's this annoying siren that's been ringing for at least two hours now. Maybe the siren is Robarts way of crying.
Robarts: [cries] It's summer time and there's no one here studying! Where are my nerds at?! I'm so lonely :'(
Thank God for text happy thumbs.
I am sad that I wasn't there for the "whoo-ha". I am sure that selina would say the same thing.
I expected 5 people to be "supporting the table" (by that, I mean sharing) this week. Seo is always trying to take it easy.. That brother I tell you...
yay for more people sharing!!