Today in the subway, a woman came up to me and handed me a
gospel track. Then she told me that I should pray as soon as I wake up in the
morning.
I thanked her and watched her mosey down the train handing gospel
tracks out to everyone (it was on a new train so she wasn’t limited to just one
cart), telling them to read it.
I like this woman because she’s not afraid to get in your
face. Plus, since she basically forced everyone to read her gospel track, for a
good five minutes everyone had it open in front of them.
One particular woman seemed to be meditating on it. She’s the type of woman who looks mad at everyone and everything, so it was a good thing she didn’t just fling the paper to the side.
One particular woman seemed to be meditating on it. She’s the type of woman who looks mad at everyone and everything, so it was a good thing she didn’t just fling the paper to the side.
If you guys were given a gospel track, would you actually
read it or toss it aside as rubbish?
If you plan on throwing it aside, have you ever considered
how much courage it took that person to give you the gospel track?
Evangelizing/preaching the gospel is not easy, although some
of the people who do it at Yonge/Dundas makes it seem like you need to be crazy
to do it (literally).
To me, evangelizing can go two ways:
1) I tell them about Jesus and they reject what I am saying,
thereby instantly making me feel mortified to the point where I just want to
melt into a puddle and disappear in the sewers.
Side story: Last summer after coming back from preaching the
gospel in the States, Sandy told me about her experiences. At one point she
said she broke down crying after talking to someone, but not because that
person humiliated her or was mean to her, but because she loves Jesus so much
that the thought of someone rejecting Him was just too much for her. That’s
real love right there.
2) That person accepts Christ.
And it’s as simple as that. More than that though, I over think being rejected and come up with too many excuses not to do it.
For this is why the
gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh
the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.
1 Peter 4:6