Grammar Nazi doesn't Ballroom Dance

Hullo Blog, I haven't forgotten you. The truth about my absence is because:


1) I got lazy and stopped carrying my laptop around campus (have gone medieval and begun writing my notes with pen and paper).
2) I got really discouraged and realized no one reads my blog, but then I came to the realization that no one reads great literature when they're first published anyway (not that anything I write here has any literary substance, but this is the only consolation I could come up with).

So life has been boring lately. Because my weekends are free from the evil clutches of retail that has managed to enslave me for years, I don't know what to do with all the free time I suddenly have, so I've been mousing around the library on weekends. This isn't so bad, because this means I'm on top of my readings (for once), but this also means my life is uneventful, dull, and completely nerdish.

Maybe I should take up a new hobby, like ballroom dancing or something.

Also, I've been editing a lot of essays lately, because people have wild assumptions that I'm fantastic with syntax, when I really don't know anything about it and have just been consulting my "Grammar for Dummies" book. There's a huge downside to this. Because I've been thinking hard about prepositions and pronouns and adjectives and adverbs, I suddenly find myself nitpicking every little thing I write, and as a result, become paranoid I'm grammatically incorrect all the time. And to top it off, I find myself unconsciously correcting everyone's grammar.

I really don't want to turn into a grammar nazi. I'll be anything else: crazy cat lady, crazy ballroom dancing lady, crazy nerd woman who gets paler by the weekend because she spends every weekend in the library - anything but a grammar nazi. Can you just imagine how annoying it would be to be friends with a grammar nazi?

You: Me and my friend are going ballroom dancing.

Grammar Nazi: You meant to say, my friend and I are going ballroom dancing.

You: Ok... well we're planning to waltz.

Grammar Nazi: Waltz what? You can't just waltz. You mean you're going to do the waltz, or perform the waltz? And that's an incomplete sentence, the subject and verb pair doesn't match up coherently.

You: Yup, and this is why we're no longer friends.

Yeah, let's hope this doesn't happen.

4 responses to “Grammar Nazi doesn't Ballroom Dance”

  1. You are so Twilight Sparkles.

  2. LOL Colin your comment is awesome

Leave a Reply

Followers