First Week of Classes

As I was getting off the bus last night, I procured an unintentional injury to my thumb. I was busy talking on gchat on my bb, when, as I was getting off the back doors of the bus, my thumb, and only my thumb, got caught between the doors. How this happened, I have no idea. So I acted nonchalant about it, pretending that I wasn't feeling excruciating pain at the moment, but as soon as I got a few feet of safe distance away from the bus stop, I began to yell, "my thumb, my thumb!"


Poor Annabelle just stood there looking at me like I was crazy, she couldn't understand how I could have possibly injured my thumb like that.

My thumb is ok now, although it's still traumatized by the experience. At least I got a good laugh from it, because if you can't laugh at your misfortunes, all you'll be feeling is pain.

So classes has officially begun and I am not excited about it. I was actually late for my first class, which unfortunately enough turned out to be super small (about 15 people). My friend, Elton, was saving me a spot which he described to be, "in the middle of the room, near the back," but what he actually meant to say was: "beside the professor where everyone can see you come in shamefully late on the first day of class."

And the only reason I was late was because I was in the bookstore stuck in line for 20 minutes, surrounded by a bunch of excited froshies buying school supplies. Speaking of froshies, I'm determined to help them out as much as I can, especially when they have dumfounded looks on their faces as they helplessly try to navigate themselves with large campus maps (as I did this morning).

Anyway, getting off topic. So back to my friend Elton who seems to be unable to properly pinpoint his position in a room. For some reason, Elton is now super determined to get into a grad program, whereas before his only life goal was to graduate. It's an ok goal, but now he's taken it upon himself to badger me about my studying habits. He's like, "you have to study hard, and make sure you do your readings. You need to improve your studying habits ... blah blah blah."

Good gravy, Elton is such a dad (he actually has 2 kids).

From what I recall, I studied super hard in the summer school course we took together this past summer and I even made super extensive study notes. Grr. But I guess it's good that he's badgering me so much, so I can feel accountable to him when I don't put my time to good use (like blogging early in the morning when I told myself to do my readings).

Ending this post with my traditional list of goals for this upcoming school year/the next eight months in general:
1) Study Hard.
(Easier said than done).

2) Be a good mentor.

3) Help out froshies.

4) Finish marking essays on time.
(For the kids I tutor. I am determined to improve their writing skills by at least 50%.)

5) Be a better friend and not ditch people.

Leave a Reply

Followers