Putting Rubber on the Road

At work, I have a good friend named Unique. We actually went to high school together but we were never friends then because I was scared of her since she was the type of girl who looked like she was always about to beat someone up.

But that's all in the past. On my first day we caught up quickly because she mentioned she was into writing, to which I responded: "Me too!" Apparently, she's trying to get published and has been writing an online series for a while now.

Somewhere along our conversation I miraculously felt comfortable enough around her to say that I wanted to craft a story that also talked about my faith, since I'm a Christian. Unique got all wide eyed and responded: "Me too!"

So ever since then, we stopped talking about writing so much and began talking more about God at work. Some time after high school where she felt a lot of underlying angst at society, her parents, and the world in general, she was brought into salvation and had a complete turn around.

I love talking to Unique because she makes work feel so much more cozy. Just having someone there to talk to about God and reflect on the Bible makes it feel like I'm finally putting the rubber on the road. Unique doesn't attend a bible study group or go to church often, but she still reads the bible and has a lot of questions about it. I'm like, well I can help you! Let's talk!    

So that's my little tidbit. I'm very impressed by Unique because she's so smart and brilliant, you give her any problem and she is able to solve it. It feels like the constant lesson I've been learning lately is to never judge a book by its cover.

Leave a Reply

Followers