My brother Matty is having a tough week. On Sunday, he got fired from his job and today he almost got robbed while walking through the park.
I couldn't help but shout, "I told you so!" when he got fired. I know, I'm terrible, but this is how we roll. At work Matty would mess around in the back room with his coworkers, they'd film themselves doing push ups and put it up on youtube. Seriously?
He would always come home from work with chicken for Charlie and for the past three months, he has been coming home with discounted lobster that Pedro isn't complaining about. But, again, seriously?
Tonight he came home and told us he was beaten up at the park, which I'm terrified to walk in now. Some kids held him in a choke hold and punched his face demanding for his wallet and cellphone, but luckily his time at the gym paid off and he managed to terribly beat one of the kids up. In an exaggeration of the story he said they pulled his shirt and it ripped in half so he had to run home shirtless. (OK!!) He's setting himself up as a prince in some kind of story, you know, the ones where after fighting off the evils of the world they'd come home topless, bearing their six pack for all the world to see, back to their kingdom. In this case, the kingdom happens to be the garage and his trusty first mate is Charlie.
So that's my version of his story, I'm sorry for everyone who has him on facebook because I'm sure he's going to be putting up some kind of expletive version.
Matty is just so ... I have no words to describe him. He means well, but he's so aloof and all over the place. He's actually the type of person I don't like, if he wasn't my brother I'd probably have a terrible impression of him (not that I already don't).
A few things about Matty that I shouldn't probably expose him on but I will anyway because he is my brother:
1) He's always in love
Ok so, he has this terrible joke where he says when he's ready for love, he's going to LH because apparently that's where everyone finds love. Obviously I know the girls he's talking about when he says he wants to find 'love' at LH. (Actually, it's no secret that Matty is in love with Tabi.)
But anyway, that's Matty for you. The reason he's in love with so many girls is becuase his first girlfriend broke his heart and ever since then he decided to love as many girls as possible so he can't be heart broken.
2) He's very emotional
Not emotional in the same way a girl is emotional, but emotional as in he cries easily and laughs easily.
3) The most memorable moment of his life is his baptism
For some reason, he's always talking about that one moment in his life in that one lake during that one summer at Mountain Top when he got baptized with John Chao and Ryan Wu and how that moment just defined and changed his life. Before Matty dies, he decided he will repent all his sins and go to heaven.
4) He thinks I'm his best friend
Actually, the entire world is Matty's best friend just like how he's in love with everyone. You mention someone and he's like, "Oh yeah! John Chao! We're best friends!" or "That guy whose dog always walks with Charlie, we're best friends!" I'm not Matty's best friend, I'm his mean older sister. Annabelle is not his best friend either, she's the 'nicer' but slightly insensible older sister.
So this is Matthew for you.
Matthew's Bad Week
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)