A Lesson on Agape Love by Charlie

Sometimes I'd be in my room minding my own business when I'd catch Charlie staring at me:


So I'd be like, What's up dog?

And Charlie would say nothing. And in this silence, I'd get an infinite amount of wisdom.

Charlie's a very forgiving dog and suffers from agape love. One moment I'd be spanking him for chewing on my socks, shoes, books, slippers, mittens - and the next moment he'd demand love from me by making me take care of his needs (which, most of the time, involves his bathroom time). He'd always be there to greet me when I come back home, even if I yelled at him before leaving the house. 

So in moments when Charlie stares at me without an answer, I know he has something human beings lack. People drift towards hedonism and selfishness, they try to be good without God, they care about nothing but themselves. This agape love Charlie - and all dogs, actually - gives continuously is a selfless love that they continue to give others without judgement.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 
And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 
If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 

Charlie already has more than most people because he has love. And he's a dog. 

Leave a Reply

Followers