What I have been up to:

I've been really busy lately, and but in hindsight, I should have seen this coming. I didn't think that working two jobs and taking summer school would be that much, but it actually is quite a bit. Working doesn't really bother me, it's when I have to sit and study that it hits me just how much I have to do. But I shouldn't complain because this is how I wanted it.

Teaching has been an interesting experience though. I have a new found respect for teachers since teaching is a LOT of work and requires a LOT of preparation and then a LOT of time afterwards marking. I've decided that if I have to spend this much time on something, it might as well be teaching and helping kids reach their full potential through what I can possibly help them with.

I was teaching the kids today how to write an essay. Although this sounds easy and simple, I was really confused on how to go about it just because the more I thought about it, the more I realized how complicated writing an essay actually is. Basically, I teach four kids at a time. The first group I had were high schoolers, so I explained it in more detail to them, but when I had to teach the Junior High kids, I was worried I didn't make sense to them. Most of them had never written an essay before, so an essay is something completely abstract and new to them. Then I made a mistake of trying to teach a fourth grader how to write an essay. He got super confused and didn't understand anything I said.

Ok that's all. My mom is bugging me because she wants me to decorate a cake for her. Tomorrow is Daniel's (my second cousin) first birthday and she promised the relatives that she'd bake the cake, and since she's an over achiever, she decided to make two cakes instead of one. I've already decorated the Nemo cake for her, she wants me to make a bear cake. I just want to sleep -_-

Leave a Reply

Followers