Kimchi Fried Rice

Feeling restless, so I'm going to blog.


So Vinay came over for dinner tonight and although I was pooped from a stupid day at work, I was inspired to make Vinay my version of experimental kimchi fried rice (which failed because I didn't have enough kimchi). My mom and I fuss over what to feed Vinay every time we hear that he's coming over. It used to only be Annabelle who fussed over what to feed him with her non-existent culinary skills, but eventually my mom and I took over.

I don't know what my mom's reason for wanting to feed Vinay so much is, maybe she secretly just wants him to get fat by with Popeye's chicken, or maybe she just secretly really likes Vinay, but for me, the reason is because Vinay compliments my cooking skills. Plus, he's the only one who's willing to touch anything I cook.

Maybe it's because I advertise it as 'meat-free' and 'good for you' that no one wants to eat anything I make. Admittedly, most of what I cook turns out looking like mush which is off putting to eat, but it really isn't that bad. But I've learned not to care about what my family thinks, as long as Vinay likes it (T.T).

Ah wells.
nightnight

Leave a Reply

Followers