I stumbled upon a documentary on TLC tonight about these two women with weird habits, as I waited for my dad and grandma to finish their heated discussion on what they would do with the money they were going to win from the lottery (old people do this a lot).
One woman had a weird habit of always having the blow dryer on when she's at home. She would have it on the couch when she's reading, and can't sleep without it on her bed at night. She would sometimes wake up with burn marks and sores all over her body as a result.
The other woman had a weird habit of eating TOILET PAPER. I thought this was a joke. She's been doing this for 24 years, starting from when she was 11. She would tear it up into pieces and pop it into her mouth throughout the day.
These are the two weirdest habit I've ever heard of, but this just goes to show you that just when you think you're the weirdest person in the world, TLC will prove to you that someone in America is even weirder.
Naturally, this got me thinking of my weird habits. Here's a short list, because I don't want to expose myself too much: (The rest of this blog already does a good enough of a job exposing my weird habits. GUYS I SECRETLY EAT TOILET PAPER.)
1) Weird Habit #1: I say bye to my room every time I leave it, and I have a perfectly good enough reason for doing this.
Reason: when I was a kid, I saw the movie 'A Little Princess' which was the most gut retching, heart felt, tear inducing movie I had ever seen up to that point. In that movie, the little girl gets a doll from her dad before he disappears. The girl was convinced that the doll was alive, so she always said bye to her doll before she left her room. And of course, watching Toy Story didn't help.
I was 100% convinced, because I was, and still am, a very guidable kid, that my Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, Polly Pockets, Barbies and of course, my beloved Psyduck beanie, was alive.
I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition. 'Tis the gospel truth.
And this is why I say bye to my room every time I leave it. And no, I don't think my dolls are alive anymore ... ... ... . . . it just feels weird when I don't do it...
2) Weird Habit #2: I used to only turn in perfect 90 degree angles. Back in high school when everything weird happened, whenever I had to turn left or right, I would always make sure it was perfectly 90 degrees.
Reason: None. It's just something weird I did in secret, although I must confess that some of this weird habit still resonates in me. Every time I walk through that little pathway beside the Med Sci. building to get to Queens Park station, I have to make sure I step on every single tile that leads to a straight path, and if I have to turn, I have to make sure I step on the tile beside it and continue in a straight line. Don't worry guys, this weird habit only resurfaces SOMETIMES when I walk on tiles.
3) Weird Habit #3: I obsessively pluck my eyebrows. This is not really a weird habit, since a lot of girls do this, but the moments I do it is weird.
Reason: whenever I'm studying and reading, and need to take a break when I'm at home, I pluck my eyebrows. I know other girls who have designated times in the day when they do this (don't lie, you all do it) but I do it randomly when I am studying (I know what you're thinking: so does this mean that if one day you see me with two giant caterpillars on my face for eyebrows it'll mean I haven't been studying? Uh, no, it means I've over plucked and need to grow my eyebrows out, duh).
The only downfall to this weird habit is that my eyebrows don't grow fast enough for me to pluck, and it gets frustrating (tmi).
This is the same for nail polish, since I guess I do paint my nails a lot, but nail polish is not as weird.
Ok, so that's all for my weird habits. I probably have more but my brain is probably unconsciously repressing it, my smarter subconscious will know that when I wake up tomorrow morning I will regret exposing my weirdness to you all. I mean let's face it, deep down, we all spend hours trying to make ourselves appear normal, especially in public.
Any of you guys have weird habits??!
You have no idea how relieved i was to see that you do not have any toilet paper eating - glass swallowing-obsessive hand washing-skin scrubbing-hair pulling-eye lash burning-voodoo doll making-hotdog snorting-sausage rubbing-PiƱata loving-bubble wrap hoarding-self mutilating habits.
although I LOVE popping bubble wrap, i even visited online bubble wrap sites.
I also like weird stretches, paint my nails when i'm studying, and i have one kinda odd habit, but i feel weird sharing here..a little TMI so if you really want to know, u can private message me lool
msging you at this moment!!! i have to know what this weird habit is now! YOU EAT TOILET PAPER TOO TABS?!?
I only like Cottonelle tho, Charmin tastes like diet cola...JOKESSSSSS