Dilated Pupils and Light Emitting Snow

Woah, weirdest thing just happened. I went out of my room to go downstairs and ran into my brother, who is wearing nothing but his boxers, sitting in the hallway playing bejeweled. Whatever, not even going to ask anymore. I swear, this kid is getting weirder and weirder as he gets older.

So this morning I went to my optometrist. I made the appointment after that Hydrogen Peroxide incident since I didn't want to go blind (I know it's been a few weeks since that incident, but I have been super busy and didn't have time until today).

My family has a history of bad eye sight and bad teeth (my dad is a glaucoma suspect and at one point so was Matt) so we take dental and eye care seriously. (On average an eye check up is $120, $150 if you want your contact lenses checked as well.)

I made it very clear during the appointment that the Hydrogen Peroxide was in my RIGHT eye, not the left, and told them in detail about the incident. Maybe I was just overly paranoid. But I swear, if I ever go blind I would be devastated because that means I can't read anymore. That means no more Harry Potter, no more Dickens and Shakespeare, no more Austen ... so tragic.

But the good news is that I won't go blind anytime soon. Apparently my eyeball is very healthy. They took a picture of it, and the doctor showed me the details,

Dr. Akerman: This is your iris, these are the nerves connecting to your brain, and these are the shadows of your eyelashes. *Looks at me suspiciously* You aren't taking drops to make your eye lashes longer are you?

Me: What?

Apparently you can take some kind of drop that makes your eyelashes longer. WHERE CAN I GET SOME OF THIS MAGIC EYELASH POTION? Actually, what I need is a magic eyelash thickener to make my eyelashes thicker. I always get accused of cheating with my eyelashes though, since they're apparently unnaturally long for Asians. Dude, there's no secret to make your eyelashes longer, it's called mascara.

And then he put these drops in my eye to dilate my pupils to see if I was a glaucoma suspect, which I thought was cool at first because I would be texting and all the sudden my vision would get blurrier and blurrier. It wasn't so cool after I left the clinic. I stepped outside and everything was extremely bright, it's like the snow was emitting light.

I had to cross the street, and for a second contemplated on what would happen if I asked an old lady to help me cross. People must have thought there was something stuck in my eye because I was squinting like mad and I kept blinking.

So that was my great adventure for the day, dilated pupils and light emitting snow.

(I was originally going to post about the dangers of eating too much banana to the rainforest, what girls want and something about realizing a hidden talent but I got too lazy. Imma gonna go to bed instead.)

Leave a Reply

Followers

Archive