I think the whole world should blog, that way I won't have to personally ask, "How are you doing?"
Kidding. I like asking people how they are doing. It gives the pretense that I care. Kidding kidding.
It's just that usually when people blog, they write about things that has been mulling over heads for sometime, and it's usually something deep down and personal that you wouldn't otherwise have known if they hadn't blogged about it. It's something that you wouldn't get from a simple "How are you doing today?!" (Hello carrot soap!)
Anyway, so now you're wondering, what do I have to say that I've been mulling over in my head for a while? (Can't be anything interesting since I almost blog on a daily basis) Nothing really.
So I'm the type of person who gets inspired really easily. Lately, it's become a bad habit of mine to encourage myself by saying: "YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THAT!" Hence, I've convinced myself that with enough hard work, anything is attainable.
Wrong. It doesn't only take hard work, it also takes a lot of inspiration, and most importantly: basic talent.
For example: A few years ago I was convinced that if I practiced hard enough, I could eventually learn to play 'Far Away' by Nickelback on the piano. Problem is, I can't play the piano anymore. People always say that once you learn to do some things, it's hard to unlearn. That is a myth. (Or maybe I am just a special case) When I was a kid I use to be able to play the piano.
I pulled out my dusty old piano books and started to practice the basic songs like 'happy birthday' and 'when the saints go marching in.' I put in a lot of hard work, but eventually inspiration fled me and I decided to give up.
(Other myths that people think you can't unlearn: Roller blading. I use to roller blade up gigantic hills and now I fall down every time I put on roller blades. But I think I'm just a special case.)
Another example: When I was a kid and was starting to discover the internet, I came across a bunch of Harry Potter doodles by fantastic artists online. Then I started doodling and doodling and doodling Harry Potter characters (mostly the Marauders) and voila, to this day I can still somewhat doodle.
Lesson here: The reason that I continued to doodle was because I was always inspired (not always by Harry Potter) and because I had basic talent.
Basically, the point is, we're all good at different things. But then this thought occurred to me: what if we tried to change ourselves in order to impress someone else?
I.e. A girl might want to impress a guy who works out a lot, so she starts to work out a lot herself even though she hates working out.
Ok going on a bit of a tangent here. But I've been talking to a friend lately and this is what he told me. He's like, "If I want a girl who has a good body, I will need to workout and have a good body myself. It's not changing who you are or improving yourself for that person, you're improving the odds of you getting what you want."
This makes sense, but I disagree. I see a bit of a hole in the argument. What if, and this is just an example, I want a guy who has a lot of money. By this logic, I would need to get more money myself first in order to improve my odds of getting a guy with a lot of money. But if I had a lot of money myself, why would I want a guy with a lot of money to begin with?
But I guess my friend could just be talking about physical appearances. So what if I want a guy with a small nose because I have a large nose, does that mean I have to get a smaller nose in order to improve my chances of getting a guy with a smaller nose?
Anyway, I've been reading this Christian book recently, and in it the author gave this example: If a guy likes to eat a lot, he will eventually end up with a girl who can't cook. Then he'll be like, 'Lord, why did you give me a girl who can't cook if you know I like to eat a lot?' The Lords answer would be: 'It's because it's what you need.'
See, this is why I didn't agree with my friends logic, and I guess essentially, this is what I am getting at with this entire post. Develop the talents that you have and your own interests. If something doesn't interest you, don't force yourself to do it just to impress someone else. Also, often you'll end up with someone the complete opposite of what you want.
Not saying that my friend who wants a girl with a good body will end up with someone fat or unhealthy, but just someone who is perfectly suited for him without him trying to do much to impress her.
Actually, now that I think about it, what did he mean by good body anyway? Does good body mean someone healthy or someone with abs and muscles?
Also, by my logic I can maybe figure out who I'll eventually end up with: Because I don't need to change who I am because the way I am now will be exactly the way my future husband will need me to be, he'll probably be:
1) Someone who can do math
2) Someone who likes to clean the toilet
3) Someone who may dislike literature
(I dislike the sound of #3)
Ann's Harry Potter Character Doodle
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IFMdxjLyFm4/TQr925lqQzI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/97BPiNH3S0U/s1600/Ann%2527sHarryPotterCharacterDoodle.jpg
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS??
That was like from ten years ago!! lol ... or it seems like it