I haven't been blogging lately because I've felt like I didn't need to blog about anything at all. I've been satisfying my need to narrate things by writing everything down in my diary though. I guess lately, everything I needed to say has been private and something I felt like I didn't need to share with anyone else.
So it's Christmas day today. I woke up, texted certain people and made waffles. My mom is currently in the kitchen cooking up a storm for tonight: The whole clan is gathering at my uncle's house where we're each going to exchange one gift to each other. (This year the clan decided to do a secret santa gift exchange type thing, this led to a many many many objections from a certain aunt who strongly believes we shouldn't even be getting together on Christmas day at all since we're not suppose to be celebrating this pagan holiday.)
But even though we don't celebrate Christmas, I feel like something would be missing if we didn't at least get together and see each other. I mean, we're family after all, isn't that important at least?
Last night, I came home from work and was surprised to see my grandparents over for dinner. They brought their hot pot set with them so my mom was busily running back and forth from T&T buying all the ingredients. Needless to say, we had a lot of meat and dumplings, topped off with peanut balls. We were going to watch Inception after dinner (Hot Pot and Inception, this seriously reminded me of Clement) but I told my mom that the grandparents probably wouldn't understand it, so we watched Salt instead. (Half way through the movie I passed out and fell asleep from peanut ball and meat overdose.)
Oh, and my coworkers were very generous this year. They gave me a TON of stuff. I'm going to wait tomorrow to buy them gifts. (I think I'll buy more smelly socks to give to them) Let's see, they got me:
-$10 gift card to Mc. Donalds
-$12 gift card to Tim Hortons
-$10 gift card to Sears
-A Burts Bees facial set (I loooovvveee Burts Bees)
-Lots and lots and lots of chocolate
-A gift bag that had blue nail polish (love), blue lip gloss, and a blue bow clip topped off with more chocolate from Natalie (Natalie is awesome)
I feel very blessed. One thing about me is that I like spending money on people and not so much on myself, so when people give me gifts I'm always like "Wow you must care a lot about me."
What else what else what else...
A couple of us were recently talking about 'Kate' and who Sunshine's Kate could possibly be, and since I just recently finished watching Escaflowne, I think I'll give my two cents on 'True Love.'
True love sucks and finding true love is the worst thing ever, especially when there's so many ifs and buts and not enough certainty. (Unless you have super intuition like Hannah, I guess) The thought of true love is such a sore t0 me at the moment. But is there such thing as a true love between friends? Sometimes I feel like my friends are so awesome that true love can wait for me, instead of me waiting for it.