Board Games

As some of you may know, I am addicted to board games, which is why when I looked at the flyer today at work and saw that it was 'Buy one get the second for 75% off' I rushed and bought TWO BOARD GAMES.


=D

So this is how I practically got a board game for free:
1) It was already on sale to begin with
2) I got 75% off the second one
3) I got another 10% off because of my employee discount

When I was picking which games to buy, I thought long and hard. I was like, "Which ones would I have the most fun playing?"

I then took Cranium (the Canadian edition) and Trivial Pursuit off the shelves. I went to pay for them and my manager looks at me funny.

She's like, "I hope you don't have buyers remorse."

I was confused, why would anyone ever have buyers remorse over a board game? Then I realized that she meant that the games I chose were kinda brainy, as in, you actually have to somewhat think.

I don't think she thought that I was too stupid to play them. For some reason, because of the mere fact that I go to U of T, people at work think I'm smart. This is couldn't be further from the truth. I think it might be because there are only two people at work who goes to U of T so they aren't aware of the fact that NO ONE gets rejected from U of T. (This is somewhat true, I don't know anyone who has applied to U of T and has been rejected.)

But I don't know why she would have any issues with thinking games because she's the engineer. (My manager was a chemical engineer, but she ended up being severely allergic to chemicals so she had to find another job.)

Anyway, Tabi said I was a board game shopaholic. I will partly own up to this. So far I have:
Apples to Apples
Things in a Box
Trivial Pursuit
Cranium

Two games that would complete my life:
Harry Potter Monopoly
Blokus

If you guys ever want to play sometime you're welcome to come over. Just give me 24 hours notice beforehand so I can clean up. We'll stuff our faces with waffles while playing =D


------



HOLY COWS!!

I was just showing Annabelle Trivial Pursuit and I randomly picked out a card, and it was:

HARRY POTTER.

Questions:
Flourish and Blotts, Eelops Owl Emporium, and Gringotts Wizarding bank are all found in what shopping district?

Who does Emma Watson Play in the Harry Potter Films?

The first Harry Potter book was released under what title in the United States?

What subject was taught by professor Quirrell, Lockhart, Lupin and Umbridge?

In what plant-related field does Neville Longbottom excel?

How many balls are used in a game of Quidditch?

TAME! All these questions are easy. BUT just the fact that Trivial Pursuit has a card for Harry Potter means I picked the right game!!! -^.^-

Leave a Reply

Followers