Glee

I'm writing my final essay for AL and it's hard because everyone is at home on this random, thursday morning.


It's aggravating. Every time everyone's home they get into a yelling match. My mom initiates it, I don't know what's up with her, she doesn't know how to talk, she just yells. Yells, yells and yells.

One of the books I'm covering for this final essay is House of Hunger, where the home is as dysfunctional as it can get. At least I can relate with that aspect of the novel. It drives me INSANE.

And I do try my best to smooth things out but I'm not going to lie by saying it's easier not to care. 

This morning alone, they got in an argument about:

1) Matt dropped his philosophy class, which I took in high school as well and it was pretty hard, so I can't blame him there. But he skips school ALL THE TIME. I talked to his friend Will, who confirmed this suspicion. I don't know why he skips school. When he's at home I do ask, and he always has some BS answer like "Oh it's Jew Day at school, I'm skipping b/c no one's going to be there." (A large population of the high school is Jewish) 

I don't know what to do with this kid. My parents were yelling at him this morning but after years of yelling and nagging, Matt's become pretty immune to it. 

2) My dad constantly has DENTIST BILLS. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. And he has no money to pay for them so AB and I, and sometimes the insurance when they're not being a cheap ass, pays for it. It's either a root canal, or a teeth they have to extract or something. What the hell! Does he not brush his teeth?!?

I'm going to buy him mouthwash and a new toothbrush. I'm tired of this. Every time he has a new bill he bothers my mom about the insurance, and she gets fed up with it because she has to fill out the forms and sometimes quite honestly, she just gives him a hard time about it because she can. 

One time when I was a kid everyone complained about my dad's bad breath. They all asked me why my dad had such bad breath, and I didn't know how to answer them because I heard him brushing his teeth all the time. This was until one day when he came out of the bathroom and proudly showed us his tooth brush, it was as worn out as it could get,  basically all the bristles were gone except for a few. He was proud of it. My siblings and I were not amused. I know he's low on cash, but a tooth brush is $2.00 and the dentist gives us a new one after every check up. So I've decided that his bad dental hygiene is self inflicted. 

3) Aaron is doing drugs and smoking pot and whatever. My mom is frantic. She's threatened to call the police on him and is planning to visit the principal so he can keep an eye on him. She's basically confused, she doesn't understand how a 15 year old can get a hold of drugs. So naive. The reason I'm not as worried about this as I should be is because I know a lot of kids in high school who smoked weed in the bathrooms and they turned out alright. I'm not saying that Aaron isn't doing anything wrong, but that the situation isn't as tragic as my mom makes it out to be. She would just be in the kitchen, baking, when all the sudden she'd go on a rant and tantrum about how Aaron's doing weed and how no one is doing anything about it.

Especially dad. Basically today, while I was in the midst of essay writing, or trying too, he confesses to my mom that he knows the kid who's giving Aaron drugs and has seen him over at our house SMOKING THE POT. So my mom goes berserk, she's like "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING?!?" To which he answered, and i literally face palmed myself, "I didn't want to be rude." 

Holy cow. Honestly. Sometimes I don't blame my mom. 

Is it just me or does my life have enough material in it for an entertaining sitcom? Or a drama like One Tree Hill or Jersey Shore. If only my life could be more like Glee. It'd be nice to solve life problems through random bursts of song. 

Leave a Reply

Followers