The Real Stuff #21: Family and Other Things

Here are some random photos from real life:

I sometimes work for the Office of Student Life at UofT as an ASKme ambassador. Last week, we were at con hall and spotted this picture on the slides! We were very excited. One guy spotted my coworker, Erik, and said, "It's that guy on the slide!" LOL.

Diana, the person who makes these slides, snapped an embarrassing picture of me last week helping another student at Gerstein, which she said she will definitely use for future slides. Great.


First birthday's are a big deal with the Filipino-Chinese culture. Last week, my second cousin, Jethro, turned one and had a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party. (My first birthday was princess themed.)

This is what Filipino food looks like, for those of you who were wondering: Garlic rice, pansit, palabok, caldereta, lechon, bbq pork, fried chicken, spring rolls, and random vegetables that aren't really Filipino. 


And dessert! Ube (purple yam) and other variations of it that I don't know the name of but tastes very good.


My grandpa and my cousin Danielle Christine , who for some reason has naturally curly hair. Do you guys think we look alike in anyway at all? Danielle's nickname is Tin-Tin because we like to take one syllable and repeat it twice as a nickname.


My cousin, Joshua Godwin. His nickname, no surprise, is Win-Win. I love this kid, he's going to grow up to be a genius.



Annabelle and my Di/Liku (my mom's brother and Joshua's dad).


Alexandra and my aunt Sandra. Alex is half Filipino half Chinese and is tall enough to be a model, which I think she was for a little bit. And that's my uncle David in the back.


My nickname is Ann-Ann, which with the Filipino accent sounds like, Un-Un. Very traumatizing.


A very bad picture of the birthday boy. Johnny Balloon the balloonist made a balloon car for him. Jethro is also half Filipino and half Chinese and has the biggest, darkest eyes. His nickname is just Jet because that one syllable is just too cool to be repeated again.


Jessica and the purple-pink elephant in the room.





My grandparents:




My aunts:




Underneath this suit of innocence is a creepy middle aged man with tangled beard. It's amazing how he transformed from such a creepy grump to a bubbly, energetic Mickey who loves kids. Full credit goes to the suffocating head piece.


Mickey: Aren't I cute!

Me: Not really.

After the birthday party, Aunt Grace, Sandra, Alex, Annabelle, and I went to the Promenade Mall to do a bit of shopping.


Last night I came home and found the BIGGEST jar of Nutella. I thought it was a joke because there's enough chocolate spread in here to give ten people diabetes, but it isn't. WHY WOULD YOU SELL THIS, COSTCO!?!?

This is Matty posing with it. He bought a white Canada Goose jacket last week and hasn't taken it off since.


It's almost as big as Charlie.


Charlie's fur grew so long that he was choking on his own furballs, so Matty cut it all off. Oh Charlie, you're such an ugly dog now. I promise to give you a real haircut in the summer when your bald patches grow in.

Leave a Reply

Followers