Tabitha, Emily, and I are currently at the Pearson Airport waiting for our flight at 6:30 a.m. We got here at 11:30 p.m., only because the TTC stops running around 1a.m. and we have no other way of getting here. Plus, we had high hopes for the airport chairs, hoping they'd be comfy and convenient for sleeping, which they aren't.
Emily has tried sleeping on the floor, but the guy on the zamboni like cleaning machine who is going in circles keeps hitting a bump, waking her up. Hopefully Emily is able to sleep though, since she has the awesome task of driving us around in Orlando when we land. If she's drowsy and sleepy, who knows where we might end up. As a last ditch effort, Emily tried sleeping on the floor (seeing as how the zamboni guy is so bent on cleaning it) which is unfortunately too cold.
Anyway, all this time Tabi and I were on our netbooks job searching. Well, she was, technically I was scouting out competition since I plan on starting my own business in-who-knows-what to earn lots of cash. Plus I was too excited over the prospect of suddenly getting twice as many hours at work over the summer time that I couldn't sleep even if I wanted.
After a while though, this all got tiring and Tabitha devised a way to spoon the handles of the chairs so that your butt would stick out, but your upper and lower body could finally find rest and get some sleep. Emily copied this and now they're both out cold (hurray, I won't end up in the middle of nowhere in Orlando) and I've taken liberties of this by taking awkward pictures of them both, heehee.
This is actually the first time I'm traveling anywhere by myself by plane (I'm such a baby). The only times I've been on a plane was the one that landed me here permanently from the Philippines and the times when I've gone to Vancouver to visit my relatives there, so in some ways this is very much a milestone and a growing up story adventure, hurray. I'll try and update everyday during this trip (the resort better be generous with their wifi) so I won't forget a single, awkward moment of it.
(I blogged because I seriously cannot sleep. How could you with so many exciting people walking in out of the terminal gates?)
Anyway, all this time Tabi and I were on our netbooks job searching. Well, she was, technically I was scouting out competition since I plan on starting my own business in-who-knows-what to earn lots of cash. Plus I was too excited over the prospect of suddenly getting twice as many hours at work over the summer time that I couldn't sleep even if I wanted.
After a while though, this all got tiring and Tabitha devised a way to spoon the handles of the chairs so that your butt would stick out, but your upper and lower body could finally find rest and get some sleep. Emily copied this and now they're both out cold (hurray, I won't end up in the middle of nowhere in Orlando) and I've taken liberties of this by taking awkward pictures of them both, heehee.
This is actually the first time I'm traveling anywhere by myself by plane (I'm such a baby). The only times I've been on a plane was the one that landed me here permanently from the Philippines and the times when I've gone to Vancouver to visit my relatives there, so in some ways this is very much a milestone and a growing up story adventure, hurray. I'll try and update everyday during this trip (the resort better be generous with their wifi) so I won't forget a single, awkward moment of it.
(I blogged because I seriously cannot sleep. How could you with so many exciting people walking in out of the terminal gates?)